○Chapter 5○ Bread

2 months later-

I have already been here for 2 months and I got to know most of the interior and exterior of the mansion.

Strangely I have not been having those nightmares as often, but I'm not complaining. I felt like a lot of weight has been lifted from me since the last nightmare.

Though I felt as if I forget something with that last nightmare as if I spoke to someone or something. I better look into it. It could be something important because my senses do not lie.

I also encountered the Duchess and Lady Vivian several times now. They are really as how the Otome Game described them; arrogant, selfish, egotistic, attention seeker, etc. They give me a headache with their babbling every time they see me.

They would childishly trip me or talk trash about me as if I am some plague. It was troubling and even more troubling with Christophe being overdramatic with it. Though I appreciate him standing up for me, I still fear he could be fired because of me.

So I started to plan routes that those 2 jerks did not usually take to get away from them. Even the maids of the mansion started working with Christophe to help me hide from them if they were near or signal me to take a different turn, they really are so sweet. I should make them some desserts for helping me for those 2 months.

I started trying to ask Christophe if I could use the kitchen, but he would say "No, you will get yourself hurt if you do". Well, I cannot blame him, I'm in a 7-year-old body so he would think I would get myself hurt. I keep asking repeatedly to use the kitchen while using the puppy eyes trick, which I started noticing it to be his weakness, hehe useful.

All that effort paid off! He finally let me use the kitchen, but with him supervising that is. I could not make him budge from that idea.

"Christophe, I'll be fine! All I want is to make bread, so I won't be using any sharp objects." I pleaded, trying to reassure him that I can do this.

"No, what if Young Master gets burned from the oven or did something wrong that can get yourself hurt." He said with a worried voice. He really is a worrywart, I guess I have to just deal with his protectiveness until he trusts I can actually bake. The only thing I could do was pout and move on.

"Fine, but do not weigh on my shoulder too much ok?" I said as we started making our way to the kitchen. "Ok Young Master just be careful, please," he said as we arrived at the kitchen.

'Here I go!' I thought when I open the door. Christophe seemed to inform the maids of the mansion that I was coming and had the kitchen deserted just for me to use. I am glad I asked for this before coming, I hate being stared at. I sighed and took a deep breath of the fresh smell of the morning. "let's start" I said excitedly.

The bread of this world is really brick-like, so much that one can degrade their teeth if they keep eating that. From what I see, either they did not use yeast, but too much flour, or did not let the dough rest.

Though it was not as bad as Earth when it comes to bread in the Victorian era. In that era, people use many harmful chemicals or substitutes to make the bread white of all things. People had died just to eat the purest whitest bread on Earth, especially commoners of that time that wanted to experience what wealth was like. A deadly substitute was Alum, an aluminum-based compound that in the future was used in Detergent. It made the bread weight heavier and white but caused many problems such as malnutrition, bowel problems, constipation, chronic diarrhea, and even death.

But in this world, they do not seem to care about the color, and just put ingredients all at once and just bake it. There seems to be no routine with it, so I am here to make it the correct way. Though they don't seem to use yeast such as brewer's yeast (alcohol yeast) or homemade flour yeast.