○Chapter 9○ lend a helping hand

"Y-Your highness!" I nervously yelled. "I can carry that instead!" I said as the little prince tried to carry two buckets full of water while trembling with each step.

"N-no I can do it" and proceeds to walk clumsily to the new hydrangeas bushes that had been installed.

"Christophe, are you sure this is fine?.." I said to my bulter that was also helping with renovations but was  in charge of making a vegetable garden instead.

Christophe looked up after having plowed the ground for a bit and took off one garden glove to wipe the sweat of his forehead. "His highness seems pretty determined, isnt he?" He said with a small smile.

"Why don't you go help him? I'll take over what your doing so go accompany him." Christophe gestured with his hands to go as he picked up the grass trimmers. "Maybe ask his highness if he wants to take a break so get going" Christophe started working again as he kicked me out of my task.

I sighed with a little bit of amusement and walked to where the little prince was.

"Your highness!" I yelled while walking, "I'll help you!" And sped up as I see the little prince truly struggling to walk. "I'll be taking this" I said with a smile as I took one of the heavy buckets

"But I can-" the prince tried taking back the bucket. "No can do your highness ,it's bad to take up too much at once, soo I'll be taking this one" I laughed and sped up to our destination.

"H-hey!" the little prince said as he sped up as well.

"Here we are!" I placed down the stolen bucket as the little prince got to me.

I started watering the hydrangea bushes that surrounded fountain and the little prince watered the bushes away from the fountain.

With 2 people, the work was done faster in half the time.

"Your Highness, lets take a break?" I said as I took the little prince's hands and head to the kitchen.

"Wash your hands first, I made some flan for us to eat. I'll go get it from the ice box" i washed my hands and then headed to the ice box and took out 2 plates of small flan.

The flan was caramel in color with a glossy look. With a hint of brown coming from the top, it was soon decorated with some whip cream and berries fresh from the fruit basket that arrived this morning.

2 plates were adorn with a pool of sweet caramel syrup that also coated the flan.

I finished decorating and placed it on the table that the prince had sitted at and then sat.

"Here you go, this is called flan. It's really delicious!" I said as I gave the little prince a spoon.

Not one second of doubt as the little prince took his spoon and with trust took a bite.

The red ruby eyes lit up bright than any gem as those eyes turned its attention to the only thing in front of him.

"Its truly delicious like pudding, no more better than pudding!!" The little prince was enthusiastic about this new dessert now on his list.

I laughed a bit, "Take it slow okay, no need to rush, theres more if your highness wants more"

We chatted for a bit as the sun was setting, and suddenly there was a knock. We turned to see it was Christophe.

"Master seemed to have left me, your butler is sad" Christophe was being sarcastic as he made his way to the ice box to get some flan as well.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I forgot you wanted to help today eventhough it was your day off" I seemed rather panicked as I stupidly hated myself for being an idiot.

Christophe laughed as he made his way to the table and seated next to me.

I felt a sudden chill down my spine and looked at the little prince who seemed normal.

Must be my imagination

"Everything is done now, the fountain is ready to be open and flowing with water soon." Christophe said as he digged into the flan.

"We finished faster than I had thought!" Great! I can start planting vegetables now that everything else is done! Fresh vegetables for my own garden is a chef's lover.

We all chatted until the night came and started making our way out.

Crap I forgot to put the eggs back in the ice box!! "You guys go first, I have to put something away real quick!" As I headed back to the kitchen.

I entered and took the eggs from the countertop and put it in the box.

*clink*

I turned around to see a spoon had somehow fallen on the floor from the table.

Thinking nothing of it, I cleaned it and put it in the silverware drawer and made my way out and closed the door.
.
.
.
.
.
*whispers* "idiot! You could have exposed us you dimwit!!"  Proceed to hit

*whisper*"I'm sorry!!!" A little crying in the voice.

*whisper* "be more careful next time, no try all the time to be careful!" " you know how tough it is if we get exposed!"

*a whimper* "o-ok I'll be more careful, uwuwu...."

A/N- hey there, sorry for not having update in a long time. Pretty busy with life, it's a pain in the A, but I will try to make time when I can!!