ɪs ɪᴛ ᴏғғ ʏᴇᴛ?

Hot cocoa was a comfort drink, how could it not be (unless you were allergic to chocolate or something). It was warm and you could drink it straight or add toppings like whipped cream and marshmallows.

Oikawa was a big fan of toppings.

The drink was sugary sweet but it slipped down your throat with a warm sensation. It would burn your tongue if you drunk it to fast, and the chocolate would stick to the bottom of the cup if you drink it to slow.

You had to wait until it was just right.

The awaiting conversation between the two was kind of like hot chocolate. They had to wait until it was just right to start drinking in what the other had to say.

It was a waiting game.

So Iwaizumi let the smoke from himself die down, knowing he was to hot (wink wonk) to start a conversation right now. He would burn Oikawa on accident and there would be no continuing conversation.

Oikawa's heart was ready though (even if his mind wasn't) to start talking. He needed to start talking now or he would become so cold that he couldn't express himself anymore.

"Iwaizumi-"

"Don't call me that"

And there was the first burn on Oikawa's tongue, hot and uncomfortable. It stopped Oikawa's next sentence before it could even start, but Oikawa wasn't ready to give up that easily.

Iwaizumi was a burning fire and Oikawa was determined to tame it.

"Im sorry"

The shorters grip on his coffee cup tightened, his eyes almost matching the heat of the steam rising from it. Iwaizumi said nothing, just looking into the empty brown substance that he called a drink (Oikawa didn't see how he liked it plain, but this wasn't the time).

Taking a sip into his soon to be empty hot chocolate filled mug (which was decorated in whipped cream and other things), Oikawa once again spoke to fill the burning silence.

A silence that burned you from the ground up until you spoke.It was like forcing you to submit.

"I kissed you first and I know that," Oikawa exhales shakily. "Which is why it was utterly stupid for me to run away like that"

"It was" Iwaizumi mutters, hiding just small smile with a sip of his drink.

Another burn but this time it only hit the tip of Oikawa's tongue, like a urge to keep going.

"I was scared, scared that you would find something that disgusted you in me. I felt like I was breaking the rules for kissing you, I hid that I liked you because I was terrified of my own mind," Oikawa takes another sip. "I can't even count how many times I compared you to kiyoko"

"I'm not Kiyoko though, you should fucking know that" Iwaizumi grumbles.

"But I don't Iwaizumi, I don't know you and, hell, sometimes I feel like I don't know my damn self. I thought I was the definition of perfect until his whole break up came along," Oikawa laughs lightly.

"Then I immediately agreed to Semi's dumb idea of a fake relationship because I was so desperate for attention. I needed it but not in the way I was getting it. I was tired of the public seeing me as sad and depressed because of the break up," Oikawa huffs. "I missed being perfect, so I followed along with this plan"

Oikawa faces the other completely now, no longer looking at an empty grey wall that confidently placed in front of him.

The brunette had so much more to say, so much more to explain to Iwaizumi. He needed to finish his case and made sure Iwaizumi knew how much he cared for him.

Even if he didn't know if it was love or not, Oikawa cared so much for him.Oikawa cared enough to kiss him, go on 'dates' with him, expose there relationship to the public with him.

But before he could finish explaining himself, a coarse thumb ran across his bottom lip.

"Sorry, there was a little something there" Iwaizumi mutters, looking away shyly.

"Is it....still there" Oikawa tilts his head, running the back of his sleeve across his chin (Bad idea, now his chin was just as scratchy as the rest of his body. Damn Christmas sweater).

"No, just, I'll-" Iwaizumi cut himself off to slowly connect there lips.

Oikawa's eyes widened before slowly closing in the warmth that Iwaizumi naturally gave.

Before he could drop his cup, (that didn't really have much in it) Iwaizumi took it and placed it on the coffee table beside his own.

The brunette found it almost hard to keep up with Iwaiuzmi's movements, they were all over the place but it was right.

Then, like yesterday, his tongue snakes into Oikawa's mouth, but this time, the brunette let him on his own accord.

When they separated, it was slow and Iwaizumi gripped his face as if he would disappear just like he had last night.

But Oikawa stayed and he smiled.

"Did you get it" Oikawa laughs.

"Yea....I think I did" Iwaizumi mutters, eyes still trainers on Oikawa's lips.

"You can...kiss me again"

"Do you want me to?" Iwaizumi asks, silently begging with his eyes for the wanted answer.

Oikawa connects there lips in a short peck, lacing there hands together, "Yea, I really really do."

Iwaizumi smiles for the first time today and shakes his head in disbelief, "Great, now start calling Iwa-Chan again. You say Iwaizumi weird"

"Come on!! I thought you hated that nickname!!" Oikawa laughs, falling against the others chest.

Iwaizumi rolls his eyes and leans back, taking the brunette with him. For a while it was silent as Iwaizumi threaded his hands through Oikawa's hair.

He could smell the traces of coconut and sugar even without his nose being dug deep within the strands.

Oikawa's feet hung off the couch and Iwaizumi's were pretty close to it, but it felt perfect.Even if it was shivering cold inside and Oikawa's sweater was seriously scratching his arms.

"I love the nickname, never stop saying it" Iwaizumi rolls his eyes, knowing Oikawa will probably tease him on that for the rest of their lives (which are hopefully spent together).

Oikawa laughs, "Iwa-Chan, did you mean what you said about getting married next. Do you plan on proposing or should I get a ring for princess Iwa-Chan"

Iwaizumi stands up and holds Oikawa's like a princess himself as he walks towards the door to put his shoes on.

"I'll show you who's a princess, lets go back to your house, everyone's probably waiting"

______

I had fun writing Iwaoi and making it Iwaizumi who fell first & Oikawa who's confused on his feelings. It's the complete opposite of many fics that I've read.

I won't bother to rewrite this because I've already explained that this is one of my first books. An old one that I decided to republish.

I might make another iwaoi in the future though. I do my think I'm ready to completely let go of Haikyuu.

I have two more Instagram chapter planned after this and after that the book is finished.Bonus's are still welcome (which I'm thinking about doing for the ships I didn't clarify were together).

Toodles noodles