Shadow's Past (pt. 1)

Ok, I know that you guys have been waiting awhile for this update and, since this is the one story with the most reads that I've published, I've finally finished this chapter! However, I am going to split the chapter into two parts, which the second part is still in progress, so I promise that I'll work as fast as I can to get part 2 uploaded soon.  Also, chapter 2 for Transformers Apocalypse is almost finished, I should have it uploaded by possibly Monday...? That's all, on with the story now!

Heads up: very long chapter ahead 😅 hope you enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadow: 18-20
Sonic: 17-19
Blaire: 16-18
Twitch: 17-19
Cavern: 17-19
Silver: 16-18
Rouge: 18-20
Amy: 17-19
—————————————————————————
Shadow's POV

"What I'm about to tell you... it's really hard for me to talk about, but I just hope that I can make you understand what happened... and that telling you this doesn't make you hate me. I wasn't in my right mind most of that time."

"Shadow, you're my brother." she said honestly, resting her hand on my arm. "Nothing you could do will ever change that. I expected things to change somewhat while I was gone, including you guys having a few fights now and then. It's just how you guys are. Just tell me the truth, that's all I ask of you."

I smiled softly at her, something I hadn't naturally done in a long time. I had normally put on a fake smile around those close to me, like Sonic and Rouge, just so that they wouldn't worry too much for me. I was the eldest, it was my responsibility to care for them and worry about them. It felt a bit off to smile naturally after so long, but it strangely enough felt right. I took a breath before I began the story.

"I guess it started about three years after you'd disappeared..."

•——————————————————•

Two Years Ago...

After Blaire had disappeared that day, Sonic and I had grown pretty distant from each other. He was always going off with that kid fox and pink hedgehog girl, traveling around the world while fighting this guy Robotnik. I'd heard somewhere that Sonic, and mostly everyone else, called him Eggman. While he was off playing hero, I continued to search for our sister. Rouge had offered to help me in my search, and after constantly arguing that I didn't need help, I agreed to let her help. Much to my dismay... Although after a while I grew used to her company. She kept things... interesting to say the least. I had to keep her from going back to her thieving habits, but she also reminded me to rest and eat when I would overwork myself to the point of exhaustion. Some days we fought, but other days were fairly calm. On a good day, one of us would find a lead that would bring us closer to where Blaire was. On bad days, let's just say we've been kicked out of a few towns for damage inflicted from our arguments with either each other or someone who would try our patience too far.

We were currently following up on a recent lead to where Blaire could be. We'd heard that she'd been sighted around the Daintree Rainforest in Australia. I had no idea what she was doing there, but if it really was her then I had to get there as fast as possible.

"Hey, handsome!" Rouge called out as she flew above me. "You know what I just realized?"

"I told you to stop calling me that, and I'm not a mind reader!"

"Tomorrow's the Town Festival!"

My eyes widened and I let out a startled grunt as I tripped over a root, tumbling a few feet before I came to a stop by hitting a tree. I groaned in pain as I stood up and rubbed my head from the impact. I heard the stupid bat burst out laughing and let out a low growl as I stormed off.