Plans

Shadow: 20
Sonic: 19
Blaire: 18
Twitch: 19
Cavern: 19
Silver: 18
——————————————————————————
Sonic's POV

"Bye, boys!" Blaire said just before she teleported away.

I glanced at Shadow just as he looked at me. We'd pretended that we were enemies and rivals for so long that we almost actually forgot that we actually were family. Now our sister was back, things were going to have to change... but we both knew that things would never be like they used to. Shadz grabbed my arm and teleported us outside of town before the others could question what happened.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. "Blaire is back and we now have to explain everything to our teams and-"

"Calm down, Sonic."

"How can I calm down?! Our sister's alive and back home!! How are you being so calm about this?!?!"

He hugged me tightly and it helped me calm down a bit, but it was a bit awkward for both of us. It'd been a long time since me and him had actually acted like brothers, so it caught me off guard.

"Just calm down, little brother." he said, letting go. "I'm calm because she said that she'd explain everything, so I'm going to keep a level head until then. I suggest that until it is brought up, we keep up appearances."

"Alright, big brother." I sighed. "You know best, just like always. Meet ya at her place at sundown?"

"Affirmative, I'll see you there-"

"This is a first!" a familiar voice called out. "You guys are actually having a civil conversation without fighting! Kudos to that!"

"Silver!" I called up to my friend. "What's up, buddy? Been awhile since we saw ya last."

"Eh, I was passing through and thought I'd stop by and see if you guys had screwed anything up or had killed each other yet." he replied, landing gently in front of us with a shrug. "Imagine my surprise to see you two out here talking instead of fighting."

"As if he could contemplate anything I say."

"Oh, really?!" I shouted, raising my fist. "Contemplate this!!"

"Aaaannnddd I spoke too soon..." Silver sighed, stopping us before we could land any hits. "So, what were you guys talking about? I heard you mention going to someone's house tonight?"

Shadow and I both froze and glanced at each other. Silver noticed this and set us both down, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow in suspicion. He knew that we were hiding something and knowing Silver, he was going to insist on us telling him.

"You guys aren't really enemies, are you?"

Busted!

"We-"

"You guys really are friends, huh?" Silver smirked, thinking he had figured it out. "Lemme guess... you guys are headed somewhere to train at that girl's house or something, right?"

"How did you guess?" I asked, trying to keep up the lie.

"Don't lie, Sonic." Shadow said. "It's not a good look on you."

I growled at him then sighed.

"Fine, you explain it to him."

"Explain what?"

"We aren't just friends and we aren't going to Blaire's to train. If you want to know the truth, then meet us at the old mansion outside of town at sunset."

"Okay... but who's Blaire?"

Both of us glared and growled at Silver for the way he said her name as a sense of overprotectiveness over our little sister filled us, something we hadn't felt in years. Silver gulped and backed up in shock by our reaction.

"What? What did I say?"

"Don't say her name like that." we both responded.

"Okay." he said nervously.

"If you want answers, meet us at the mansion tonight, kay?" I told him as Shadz teleported away.

"Why can't you just-"

"See ya, Silver!" I called as I bolted, leaving him in the dust.

Shadow's right. I have to keep a level head and act normal until we see her again tonight.

I sighed as I dashed inside me and Tails' place, going straight to my room and ignoring my friends' questions about earlier. I hated that I'd lied to them for so long, but it was what we thought was the right decision.

Ever since Blaire had disappeared, we basically drifted apart and the time everyone first met us, we were fighting pretty bad. Like, full on trying to hurt each other. The only people that actually knew the truth were Tails and Rouge, since they'd kinda stuck with us since we were kids. Amy never really knew because she was too obsessed with me and never actually saw her with us that much. She'd normally already be gone by the time anyone came around, but Tails and Rouge had seen her with us because they were with us a lot too.

Since we always fought around everyone when we were together, we figured it'd be too hard to explain everything and that they'd all want to help to find Blaire, but it was too much for us to go through that disappointment again. We figured she was gone and couldn't handle that pain again, so decided to keep the fact that we were brothers a secret from our friends. After a while, it really seemed like we were enemies.

"Hey, Sonic?" Tails asked, knocking on the door. "You okay in there?"

"Yeah... I'm fine, little bro. I'm heading out later tonight to get some answers, so I'll be out for quite a while."

"Okay... what should I tell the others?"

"Nothing for now, I want this to stay quiet until I figure this out. If they have questions, they can ask me when I get back."

"Okay." he responded. "I'll just leave you to it, then."

I heard his footsteps receding as he walked away from my room and I sighed as I glanced at the clock. I just had to wait about an hour before I could go see my sister again. I smiled at that thought.

My sister was home.