1.

(tw: light abuse, mention of suicidal tendency, rape.)

"Harmony seems to be doing well." My mom says as she runs around the sprinkler with the family dog.

I smile and nod.

I was always cautious of what I said even when I wasn't around Ariana.

It became apart of my life..

"How are you feeling? You look worn out. I saw your beautiful Grammy pictures. Oh I was so excited to post on my Facebook."

The thought disgusted me and honestly it had become one of my many triggers.

I gulped down all my repulsion and give another smile.

"Mommy was sick last night." Harmony yells and then continues to play.

My mom eyes widen in surprise.

"Am I getting another grandchild soon?" She says in excitement.

"Not that kind of sick mom." I say quietly.

I look at my watch and realize I had to go.

"Harmony! Come on. We have to get home." I say and get up.

"You've only been here a hour. Stay longer or spend the night! I miss you both." My mom says quickly as she stands up.

"Please mommy. I want to stay." Harmony pouts.

"Har, you know how momma gets when we come home late." I say and Harmony nods in sadness then comes up to me to get her towel.

"I'm sure Ariana will understand you wanting to spend time with your mother."

I squint my eyes at her. Her oblivion to the situation was just stupid at this point.

"Yeah well why don't you ask her." I pull out my phone and hand it to her as I called Ariana on speaker.

"Hello?" Ariana says in her friendly voice.

"Hey Ariana. Its me. Jane. Y/N's mom." My mom says as she smiles at me.

"Oh hi! Is everything okay?" I can sense Ariana was feeling angry and it caused me to shake. This call may have been a bad idea.

"I was wondering if Y/N and Harmony could stay for a night."

There was a short silence after she asked.

"Of course! Can I join?"

My mom gave a funny look.

"I would prefer just the two of them if you don't mind."

Another short silence was heard and I could tell Ariana didn't like that.

"Okay well you guys have a great time. I'll just stop by to give Harmony some night kisses!"

"Okay that's fine. Bye bye!" My mom says in excitement and hangs up.

Harmony looked up at me in surprise, but quickly gets out her towel and runs back into the sprinklers.

It is actually so scary how aware she is of our situation.

It is also very scary of how my mom sees nothing wrong with her having to ask my wife to have her child and granddaughter to stay and spend time with her.

As much as I wanted to feel okay and comfortable, I knew I had to get past Ariana coming tonight.

"Baby why don't you wear dresses like you used to? I want to see you in one! Come on!" My mom says in excitement as she ushers me in.