1 - 7

EACH KID WAS about to take a punch to the face from Aisha. Ivy had backed down as soon as Johnny told her to help Aisha with it. He rolled his eyes and made her blood monitor — she would clean the blood and hand out rags in case anyone's face started to bleed badly. She hated blood and hated the sound of Aisha's fist coming into contact with some of the kids faces but she looked around and around at anything else. One of the younger kids rushed to Ivy and she helped stopped his nosebleed, but one of them became three within seconds.

"Aisha, wait a few seconds, please," Ivy sighed in frustration as she tried to help one of the kids find his tooth, "we lost a tooth guys! Be on the lookout!" Ivy called out. She received some hums and groans in response which actually was a good sign, it meant not everyone had passed out.

"I'll be back." Miguel said and walked over to Johnny's cramped office that smelled of booze and dust. Ivy tried to read their lips but came up with nothing, turning her attention back to the bleeding boy.

Meanwhile, Miguel was finding the words to tell his sensei about asking asking Sam out on a date, "well there's this girl-"

"Ivy?"

"Yea - no. Another girl."

"Oh," he hummed, "is she hot?"

"She's super smart,"

"Hot?"

"Funny and cool."

"Hot?"

"Yes, she's hot. Super-hot."

"Nice!"

"I think you'd really like her. She likes karate and .. I wanna ask her out but I just don't know."

"Don't know? What's there to think about? She's hot, and all those other things."

"Well, yeah, but what if she says no?"

"Never accept defeat Diaz. There is no no."

"Pretty sure no means no."

"Yeah, if things are getting physical no means no, but if you're just asking her out — you're a Cobra Kai. All the babes wanna date a Cobra Kai, right?" Miguel nodded.

"Are we entering this tournament?"

"I don't think we're ready yet."

Ivy looked at Aisha get to fighting position and swiftly knock Hawk to the ground. Ivy rushed to his side and sat him up before Johnny saw, but he and Miguel were already looking at the two, "I'm okay," Hawk grunted, "it's just a tooth."

"Hey, sorry to end the tea party so soon," Johnny rolled his eyes at Ivy, "but we got like three kids who won't stop bleeding and two of them lost a tooth. Can we, I don't know, not recreate a war scene out there?" Ivy walked off without another word.

IVY SAT NEXT TO HAWK and started her stretches as the other three did. Miguel was in the middle of a sentence when he stopped and started to talk about some movie he wanted to see. Aisha shook her head and made a face at Ivy but she was in her own world — her dads wedding was in a few months and as much as she didn't want to be part of it, she knew she'd hate herself for not attending if they got to a decent place in each other's lives. And with Rachel asking about it every other day through text messages, Ivy couldn't avoid it anymore or find excuses to not attend.

Besides the wedding, her mom didn't seem to be fine either. Her shifts were multiplied and she drank more than she did before. She said it had nothing to do with Ivy's dad, but Ivy knew it was; seeing the man she'd been married to since they were nineteen now marrying into a new family with a younger woman wasn't easy. Ivy knew, she was practically manipulated into being a part of it and she wouldn't have her moms support since she hadn't been invited, courtesy of Rachel.