2 - 8

"HOW LONG DOES it take to fix a sweater?" Johnny called from the living room, clicking on his computer. Ivy rushed from the bathroom and spun around for his ultimate word.

"Is this Heathers-y enough?"

"You look fine." Johnny didn't look up from his computer as she stood in front of him. She scoffed but took her bag off the couch and smacked him on the side of his head. He winced and shot her a look.

"You need a ride?"

"No. I wanted a compliment."

Johnny scoffed, "you look not ugly, Ivy."

"Thanks. I'll see you later." She walked out of the house, leaving Johnny alone again. He was somewhat excited to hear what would happen. He knew Miguel liked her and was waiting for him to make a move so he could shut up about her for once.

WALKING INTO THE rink alone was hard enough, but now she had to look around for Miguel or Tory, or anyone she somewhat knew. She groaned as she spotted kids from school staring at her like she was an alien. But a few feet down, she saw the familiar head of blonde hair skating by with a tray in her hand. Ivy sighed and walked quickly up to Tory, "oh, hey!" Tory smiled and pulled her into a small hug, easily towering over her with the skates.

"Do I look 80s-y enough? I didn't really have a costume that screamed Hairspray and Rob Lowe." Ivy said as she looked down at her outfit.

"You look hot — follow me, I have to wait some tables," Tory said, "have you seen Miguel yet?"

"No. We agreed to meet —"

"Oh, excuse me. Can we get some menus?" Ivy got goosebumps at the familiar voice. Tory had turned around and was glaring by the time Ivy caught up to her.

"Well, look who it is."

"I, um, didn't know you worked here." Sam said, her voice low and slightly timid.

"Yeah, well, not all of us get to use daddy's credit card." Tory stared.

"Tory," Ivy mumbled, not wanting to have to pull her back from fighting, especially since Sam was a precious jewel in almost every place. Robby gave her what appeared to be a grateful nod which Ivy pretended to not notice.

"What?" Tory hissed, "it's the truth."

"Look, we just wanted to order some food. I'm sorry."

Just then, a voice interrupted them, "what time do you go on break? I wanted to time it out so the fries are extra crispy." Miguel blurted, not picking up on looks Tory and Ivy shot him. Ivy felt her stomach start to turn as she looked at the two — Robby's hair was slightly slicked back and Sam looked different, uncomfortable and awkward as she'd been ever since she saw Ivy and Tory together.

"Oh," Miguel took off the stupid glasses, "hey, I didn't recognize you. I .. dig the costumes." Ivy would have laughed if she wasn't thinking of all the ways she could escape the awkwardness and ways to pull Tory off of Sam if it came to that point.

"Thanks." Sam deadpanned.

"Uh, Tory, this is Sam and Robby." Miguel was clearly oblivious to what was going on since he seemed to try and break the ice. Ivy wasn't too sure what the problem between Sam and Tory was, but she knew they had run into each other in the past and didn't like one another. Which is understandable; Tory is too honest and doesn't care to shield peoples feelings, most of the time, and Sam does what she thinks is best. Those two didn't mix too well.