1 - 9

SEEING MIGUEL TALK about his new love for Sam had taken a toll on Ivy — her head was filled with reasons why he should be with her instead of Sam and why she deserves his love more than anymore. With each post and each lovey comment, she wanted to punch him. It was hard being in the same room as Miguel or even knowing he was around, she'd spent most of her free time with Aisha, who somewhat knew about the crush but not fully. Hawk said she was insane for letting their friendship die, but Ivy would rather let it die than continue hearing things she didn't want to hear. Besides, Hawk's who had skyrocketed once more, becoming completely insufferable.

Miguel had yet to notice she was slipping away day by day. He didn't respond to her texts and he usually talked about Sam and what she likes and how much he likes her, it was nauseating. But nonetheless, Ivy couldn't tell him how she felt, fearing rejection more than anything.

On top of knowing why Johnny hated LaRusso so much, she had an immense pressure over the upcoming tournament — she'd been picked to represent their dojo alongside Miguel, who she hoped would do most of the moves. She'd thought it through and while Johnny thought she was good enough, she was too scared of making a moron of herself and planned on trading spots with Hawk. He loved attention more than anything now.

"Hey," Ivy looked up and shielded her eyes from the sun, "are you looking to sign up?" She trailed his gaze to the Cobra Kai flier in her hand. She'd found it on her way into the park and picked it up to examine how bad the edits were, finding it somewhat amusing and sad.

"Uh, not really. You?"

"No," he sat on his board and took the flier off the floor, "heard the sensei is a dick."

Ivy mumbled, "yeah, he is."

"Do you know him?"

"I'm in Cobra Kai."

The boys stoic face fell even deeper into a mix of emotions, causing Ivy to move back a little. He didn't seem the violent type, but she could never be too careful.

"Sorry," he awkwardly chuckled, "uh, you just don't seem the kind to take karate."

"Thanks, I guess."

There was an awkward pause where Ivy started to feel annoyed with his presence. He hadn't done anything but hearing the wheels of his board move over the gravel made her ears ring and jaw tense up. But he wouldn't leave despite their silence.

"I'm Robby."

"Ivy."

"Ivy," he repeated, "are you from around here?"

"Encino."

"Ah, rich girl." He smacked his teeth.

Ivy shook her head, "my parents are rich."

"Which makes you the direct deposit."

"I still have to work to get money," Ivy crossed her arms, "unfortunately, they don't believe in allowances or letting me roam around freely."

"You go to school."

"Yeah."

"It's Wednesday and you're at a park," he said with a slight smirk, "which means you're freely roaming around. If I'm not mistaken."

Ivy suddenly felt more annoyed but decided to not come off too mean, "is there a reason you came over besides to pester and loiter around?"