#51 "Why Can't I leave?" (part three)

My father loves Mingyu. But not in a romantic way, of course! Main reason why was Mingyu's ability to climb at the top despite of his poor family background. Therefore, as dad tends to compare us from time to time, my inferiority complex with my own best friend started.

As long as he is by my side, I'm a failure. Even if my wage is higher than him, my house is bigger, my wallet is thicker or my car is more expensive than his, I can't surpass a Kim Mingyu. Never.

But when I met (Y/n), I finally thought that I achieved something greater than anything in the world; that love is the highest treasure that exists.

"Mingyu, I wanted to introduce (Y/n) to you. Are you available on Sunday night?"

Girls I have introduced to Mingyu always fell in love at him. Won't blame them 'coz he got the looks and a nice job. So I hesitated at first, worrying if same result would happen to (Y/n). But thought I've felt anxious, I still ended up introducing the woman I love to my best friend.

There was no sign of sparks on her eyes when she saw Mingyu.

Worst than I imagined, a sudden turn of event has happened; as if (Y/n) changed into a different person overnight.

"On a second thought, maybe I did something bad," I murmured while leaning my back on my car's tinted window.

After I woke up from my hangover, I decided to wait for her outside her apartment building. Getting to know her new place was a long story.

"I look pathetic, waiting in cold," I trembled, warming my hands by my breath that has a hint of alcohol on it. I brushed my teeth this morning though. "Maybe because I haven't had a thing."

So I went to the nearest convenience store and grabbed a coffee. When I went back, I saw a couple takes a selfie with my car on the background. They are even leaning on it!

'Geez~'

Instead of shooing them away, I sat on a motorbike that was parked beside my car. I waited until they finished their photoshoots then met the guy's eyes. His face crumpled, as if he'll gonna punch me soon. "Dude! Don't seat on it! What's wrong with you?!" He complained, grabbed my collar and pushed me away of his motorbike!

So this is what I got after being so kind?!

Annoyed and dumbfounded, I held his girlfriend's wrist then pushed her to him. (In a very gentle way). Then I wiped the spot where they leaned onto and hopped inside my car. They were really embarrassed that they quickly rode on their motorbike and went away.

"What a great thing to start my day," I grunted.

Ever since last night, my mood was on -15 level. I just can't accept that (Y/n) had a sudden change of heart! We really need to talk this out!

At last, her face illuminated outside the apartment building when the sunlight shone from East. I quickly hopped down my car and blocked her way.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" She shouted in shock. "Y-You... How did you know that I'm here?" She asked.

I, who's pursing my lips and staring at her with a cold look, has grabbed her wrist.

"W-Wait. I have to go to work," she resisted. But it was too late to stop when I already pushed her inside my car.

I didn't mean to act like this but I feel wronged. She haven't respond to all my messages since last night and this morning.

"What's wrong with you?!" Is what I've heard as soon as I perched down on the driver's seat. "And how did you know my place?"