❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ❞

THE AWFUL DARE

EVERY HEAD IN the Great Hall had turned to look at Harry. There was no applause. A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at Harry as he sat, frozen, in his seat.

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly.

Harry turned to Ron and Hermione.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't."

Both of them stared just as blankly back.

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered, giving Harry a slight push.

Harry got to his feet, trod on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly. He set off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables. I looked at Maddie and Becca, they both had the same shocked faces that almost everyone in the Great Hall had. They looked at Maxime; her lips were pressed in a thin white line. It made me feel awkward sitting on the Gryffindor table.

The buzzing grew louder and louder. After what seemed like an hour, Harry was right in front of Dumbledore.

"Well . . . through the door, Harry," said Dumbledore. He wasn't smiling.

Harry moved off along the teachers' table and through the door out of the Great Hall. Bagman went into the room first. Then followed by Professor Dumbledore, followed closely by Mr. Crouch, Professor Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Snape went into the room after telling us to go to back to our dorms. I looked anxiously at Maddie and Becca. Not wanting to be squished in the crowd, we stayed back talking in hushed whispers.

"Harry doesn't seem like the person we had thought to be," Maddie frowned.

"True, but it's odd that the Goblet of Fire would choose four champions, it would take a really powerful wizard to confuse the Goblet of Fire," I said.

"I told you Hogwarts always has something to mess up the year," said Becca.

"Shouldn't have doubted you," I mumbled.

"Should've known! Saint Potter! Always trying to get in the spotlight!" a voice yelled from the other side of the Great Hall.

Madde, Becca and I turned to see who it was. Of course. The blonde haired prat, Draco Malfoy.

"I'm surprised no one can see through his act," he huffed.

I rolled my eyes and made my way out of the Great Hall with Maddie and Becca following me.

"Oi! Bellerose!"

I froze and my blood went cold. I turned around and pulled on the best icy stare I could muster.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I drawled as though he didn't interest me.

He looked taken aback, nevertheless he swaggered over. I braved a look at Maddie and Becca. Becca just straight up looked lost, but Maddie seemed mad. Luckily, she wasn't mad at me, but she definitely mad at the blonde that was walking to us.

"Now, don't be too salty when I tell you little secret about your boyfriend," he smirked.

"My boyfriend?" I asked.