❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ❞

SPARKS AND THE DARK MARK

DON'T TELL YOUR mother you've been gambling," Mr. Weasley implored Fred and George as we all made our way slowly down the purple-carpeted stairs.

"Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

I rolled my eyes knowing what they were going to do, they had deemed me worthy enough to tell me what they were planning to do with the money.

Mr. Weasley looked for a moment as though he was going to ask what these big plans were, but seemed to decide, upon reflection, that he didn't want to know.

We were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward them on the night air as we retraced their steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over their heads, cackling and waving their lanterns. When we finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, Mr. Weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. We were soon arguing enjoyably about the match; Mr. Weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr. Weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed. William, Lillian, Maddie and I said our goodbyes and went back to our tent.

I pulled on my "pajamas" an  and went to my side "bedroom." Maddie was pulling her blanket over her when I entered, she looked at me and smiled sheepishly. I laughed shaking my head. She was afraid, of course she was. Every time we travelled somewhere new Maddie would always need company and would sleep with me or Lillian. I sat on the bed and talked to her about the match when she fell asleep. I was about to go to sleep myself but the echoing bangs from the other side of the campsite kept me up. After a bunch of twisting and turning I decided that I'd step out of the tent for a bit, smell the fresh air and hopefully come back tired.

I grabbed my wand, tucked it inside my sleeve and tiptoed out of the tent. As soon as I came out I was hit with a gust of wind. It was a nice wind. I smiled. I looked around walking back and forth outside the tent hoping I'd tire myself out that way.

After a few good minutes, I heard a twig snap in the woods, I was determined to look behind me but whatever it was coming to me. I waited and stopped and once I was assured that it was within arms reach, I whirled around quickly. My wand soon touched base with someone's neck. I looked at the person who had the audacity to sneak up behind me. I found myself glaring at the same grey eyes that I had looked at just a few hours ago. A flicker of fear flashed in them but vanished as quick as it came. Draco Malfoy. He had his hands in the air to show that he was unarmed and meant no harm. A smirk grew on his face, and my eyes narrowed.

"Feisty, aren't you?" he said taking a step back from my wand, which was stilled pressed against his neck.

I didn't reply, only glaring at him.

"Don't you speak? Seemed to be screaming your head off at the match," he said nodding his head towards the stadium. I scowled.

"What do you want?" I said as I lowered my wand and crossed my arms.

"Just wanted to introduce myself," he said shrugging as though it weren't anything special. He paused. A very long pause.

"Well? Go on, I haven't all day," I huffed. He seemed taken aback at my bluntness.

"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," he said as his smirk slid back up on his face.

I eyed him curiously, his smirk made me want to punch him, but I wouldn't dare. Not now, at least.