❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 ❞

SURPRISE AND HOGWARTS

WHAT WILL WE do? We can not only take nine children and give off a good impression of our school! Zey will think zat we are cowards and I will not have zat being said about my school," Madame Maxime ranted to Professor Mercier, while Maddie, Rebecca and I were in detention.

"We could take other students and tell zem zat zey should not enter their names in the tournament," Professor Mericier said.

"Yes!" Madam Maxime said her face lighting up. She turned to face Maddie, Rebecca, and me. We quickly all ducked our heads and started writing the hundred lines Professor Mercier had told us to do. All of us had been eavesdropping and we all knew what to do to go to Hogwarts. While we wrote our lines we also pulled the most innocent faces we could muster and silently did our work.

"You three!" she said abruptly. Our heads shot up to hear what she wanted to say. "I believe you heard the conversation zat me and Professor Mercier had. Since only you three know about zis... would you like to come to 'Ogwarts with ze shortlisted contenders?"

"But Madame, these will ruin our reputation zey are currently in detention —" Professor Mercier started but stopped when Madame Maxime raised her hand to silence her.

"Well would you rather have them spread the fact zat our students are cowards?" Madame Maxime said pointing at us. All three of us started shaking our heads as though we would never dare do such thing.

Dang we could really act, I thought, somebody better hire us to star in a movie or they're missing out.

"Well, no..." Professor Mercier said sheepishly. Madame Maxime nodded and looked at us as though waiting for an answer.

"Well? Would you like to come?"

"Yes, please!" all three of us chanted, remembering our manners to make our innocence sound as convincing as possible.

"Perfect, owl your parents immediately, and get them to buy you these things," she said waving her wand. Three sheets of parchment with a list written on each. "We will be departing tomorrow so leave and go pack."

We all curtsied and left the classroom, elated. Once we turned into another corridor we broke out in a run, zoomed through the corridors, through the common room and up to our dorm. Laughing off the weird faces we received, we quickly packed everything we did have on the list and wrote a letter to our parents (Maddie and I sent one owl to William and Lillian).

I found all of this quite funny, a few months ago I had thought that I would for sure be going to Hogwarts, because I wasn't paying attention to Madame Maxime's speech that day but now I actually was right. I am going to Hogwarts now, and I was so happy. We decided to go to sleep early so that we could prepare and look good for tomorrow.

***

When I woke up there was an excited buzz in the Beauxbatons Castle. I had woken up and immediately started to get ready. I pulled on my pale blue silk robes uniform. I then pulled my hair in to a low ponytail and let out a few stands of my hair to frame my face. I then put on a little bit of makeup that enhanced my natural beauty, nothing much but a touch of highlight and blush here and there. When we were standing outside near the carriage we would be traveling in we were approached by a nasty sixth year,

"And what are you three doing?"

"We're going to Hogwarts," I said smugly, raising my chin and giving a proud smirk.

"Hogwarts? Why are they taking you?"

"Moral support," I said sarcastically while I rolled my eyes.