❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❞

THE MOONLIT EYES

WE SHOULD GO," I said looking at the darkening sky.

I looked over at Draco, he was still laying down, it was quite odd of him to stay, when he didn't want to come in the first place.

"Are you going to stay a bit?" I asked as I dusted off the dirt on my robes.

"Yeah... I think I will," he whispered as if he were afraid of scaring something.

I smiled, gave a small wave and walked towards the castle.

As I got closer I started walking faster, I skid as I turned the corner and went into the Great Hall.

I quickly scanned the room looking for Maddie and Becca, they were sitting on the Ravenclaw table with glum expressions. Time to fix that.

I hopped into the empty spot next to Maddie.

"Why so glum?" I whispered

"Madame Maxime's doing it again..." Becca whispered.

I sighed, of course the only thing that could ruin my day was Madame Maxime not that I had fun with Draco of course. I looked towards her towering figure a few people down the table. She was scolding Fleur, for not practicing or getting prepared for the tournament and she was scolding the rest of us for not helping her.

I rolled my eyes, she wanted us here for moral support not helping the the champion of Beauxbatons get ready for their first task. I looked straight ahead scowling, but the scowl I had immediately disappeared when my eyes met with the misty grey eyes, they didn't have the usual icy look in them but this time they held curiosity. His platinum blonde hair framed his pointed, pale face. If he weren't so arrogant, I might have actually called him hot, but never would I like a boy like Draco Malfoy. I realized we had been staring at each other for a while now, I pretended to play it off so I smirked and gave him a little wave. I suppose he was lost in thought as his eyebrows raised in surprise and returned an awkward wave. I suppressed a smile of amusement as Madame Maxime came to me.

"And where were you?" she asked demanding.

"I was in the library trying to study," I lied knowing if I said the truth I would get into far more trouble than I would now.

"Eez zat so? Do you have any proof?" she asked unconvinced.

I dared not show my panic when she asked me this question, but my mind was racing, my heart was pounding and I could only think of one way to get out of this mess.

"Yes," I responded. "You can ask Draco Malfoy, he was helping me."

As those words left my mouth my stomach knotted and I suddenly felt very nauseous, but of course my stupid self didn't stop there.

"As a matter of fact, we were going to meet after dinner too to finish our potions essay on the analysis of the potion we made in class together."

I mentally slapped myself, what on earth did I just say. Draco Malfoy? Out of the hundreds of people that go to Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy? Ah you stupid brain, you really know how to get me into trouble rather than out.

"Where is zis Draco Malloy?"

"It's Malfoy," I corrected and pointed to where he was. "And he's over there."

She raised one of her evil eyebrows and gestured for me to follow her. I tried to follow her as gracefully as possible as concern gnawed at the back of my head.

As we walked towards the Slytherin table and in front of Draco Malfoy, my legs started to feel a lot like jelly and it felt like the distance kept getting longer and longer.