part 2: introductions

SWEET SEASTARS!!

With a startled squawk, your wings suddenly flew open as you violently recoiled backwards, nearly falling off your perch in severe shock and bewilderment at the sight that appeared out of nowhere. Your mouth was opened in complete astonishment, startled (color) eyes practically bugging out of your skull at the unbelievable figure before you.

Standing, or rather crouching there before you was a woman.

A MASSIVE one at that.

About the size of a blue whale. Maybe larger!

...Speaking of blue...

That was her entire complextion!

Her from her hair, which was slightly obscured by her dark blue hood, to her matching dark blue dress! Even her skin was a rich, sky blue color!

And her face... well, you've seen many faces, but this one seemed to be most... unique. Especially her eyes.

Her big blue eyes had a drooped look to them, long, thick lashes streaking from her bottom eyelids, complete with dark bags beneath them, giving her a gloomy, almost mournful look. However at that moment, they were mildly wide with a slight twinkle in them.

She was close enough to let you see your own reflection in her unique rhombus shaped pupils.

"Such... An incredible sound..." Her voice was surprisingly soft and sweet, with a noticeable Irish accent to it that was actually quite pleasant to hear. And her calm, yet oddly somber aura managed to let you relax slightly. She's calm... that's a good sign. She blinked when she saw you fold your wings to your back and bring your knees upto your chest, wrapping your arms and tail around them as you caught your breath from the initial shock. "What... what are you.. exactly...?" She asked, her large eyes looking over your comparatively tiny body in confusion and curiosity. You looked up at her, lifting your brow. "You can't possibly be a normal human. Not with those..." Her eye squints slightly as she searched for the right words. "...Appendages.." You stared at her for a long time.

...Well... seeing as to how she doesn't know... I don't think I'd hurt to tell...

"...Siren." you answered sheepishly, your voice barely audible above the rustling of nearby plant life. The blue giantess blinked, squinting slightly. "I'm... sorry?" She leaned closer, either not hearing you, or not familiar with the name. You probably should've expected that, but you still shrank a little when she came closer. So, you spoke up again, this time louder, but a bit more shakier. "S-Siren, miss. I'm a Siren." the blue eyes widened slightly in interest as she tipped her head to the side subtly. "A siren..?" she repeated, clearly confused but interested at the same time.

It... was kind of cute seeing such a great, goddess like being look so curious. Like a child finding something of value.

THUD!

A meek yelp escaped your mouth as the large blue being knelt down, the simple impact of her knees hitting the ground causing a brief quake in the area, almost knocking you off balance. When you regained yourself, you looked up at the blue giantess, to see she had gotten into a more comfortable position onto her knees, opposed to the previous crouch she had. This allowed you to see a shiny diamond shaped stone in the center of her chest, glinting subtly in the sunlight. Wow... How Regal.

She straightened up a little and regarded you with a curious stare. "Do tell... exactly what is.. a siren?" She asked with a slight tip of her head. "Is... that another type of human?" She sounded so clueless that you almost giggled. She really wasn't familiar with your kind, was she? You offered a polite smile. I suppose I could enlighten her a little more.

"Well... it's not like that, milady." You explained, looking down at yourself, lifting a hand to examine the claws at your fingertips. "We look human... but we aren't, you see." The giantess made a soft hum noise, presumably not understanding your explanation. "In fact, we're not exactly seen as an equal to most of humankind." Your big blue listener's eyes widened. "Oh no?" she sounded taken aback from this. "But why not?" You sighed plaintiffly, avoiding her wide-eyed gaze. "We don't have a good reputation with them, you see." You bring your gaze up to meet hers, trying to ignore her suddenly sympathetic gaze. "We have a powerful effect on normal humans, milady. It's considered dangerous, mostly to sailors." The blue being knitted her brows. "Sailors...?"

"Humans who drive vessels on water." you explained. "And should they hear our songs... They will become so enraptured by our voices that they will subsequently crash their vessels into the rocky coasts and islands." The large woman gasped softly. "Oh my..." You nodded and returned your gaze to your knees. "So... to keep this from happening... I do not sing very often. today's the first time I've done it in years." The giantess' gaze softened, becoming strangely saddened. "That's terrible..." she remarked with a sad frown. "To have such a beautiful voice and not be able to share it..." You blushed slightly at her sympathy, and smiled reassuringly at her. "N-no, milady. Do not worry about that." You then reach into your well worn satchel. "I have found another way to share such lovely sounds." You then pull out your prized possession; a small, ornate kalimba, gifted by your mother from when you were younger.

The giantess quirked her brow. "And what is that?" You smiled proudly. "A kalimba, milady. It to can produce sounds just as lovely as my voice, though it is much less deadly." you chuckled. "Observe." Taking hold of your small instrument, you play a brief tune on it.

It was a song you learned from humankind. It was brief and simple, but soothing and sweet at the same time. and you could tell from the way the giantess had a light sparkle in her eyes, as well as a very relaxed, very placid smile on her face. After you had finished, she blinked, to regard you with a bright, awestruck smile. "Amazing." she said in almost a whisper.

"What a truly remarkable creature you are." you look away, blushing a bit deeper at the praise, smiling sheepishly. "I thank you, milady." You put your instrument back into your back, before looking back up at the giantess, relaxing yourself a little more. Feeling bold, you regard the her with curious eyes. "And you? I've never seen a person quite like you before." your eyes couldn't really get all of her, and you had to lean and shift a bit to take in her full body. "What is your name?"

a relaxed smile came across the blue woman's face.

"I am Blue Diamond."