part 7: meeting yellow

Still a bit groggy, you were practically assaulted against the obnoxiously bright yellow that seemed to be in front of you. Did she walk directly up to the sun?? You thought, rubbing your eyes with your palms to rid them of their sting. after your eyesight adjusted, you still found yourself squinting, unsure if you were seeing the sight before you correctly.

The woman you saw seemed to be a stark contrast against Lady Blue entirely.

While Blue's appearance had a rounded edge to it, this giantess seemed to have a sharper theme to her aesthetic. Both figuratively and literally.

Her attire was similar to the uniform of a high-ranked war general, with a golden top with large pointed shoulder pads, and dark yellow pants, complete with olive-yellow high-heeled boots that stretched up to her knees. Her look was complemented by her short bobbed hair with sharp cowlicks sticking up in the front, giving it a helmet-like appearance.

And unlike blue's soft eyes, which had a mournful, drooped shape, these were bold with thick cat-like lashes that streaked upwards. And, just blue, they had diamond-shaped pupils. They were just as pretty as hers nevertheless.

Unfortunately, they were currently fixed on you with what looked like bewilderment and maybe a dash of disgust.

"Blue." The yellow giantess spoke stiffly, her gaze flicking up to meet with blue's bright eyes. "What. Is. That?"

"Why, this is the amazing creature of course!" Blue chirped joyously. "I was just going to introduce you both after I'd gotten them settled in," she lifts her hand and holds it up to the edge of the hair loop. Instinctively, you rise your feet and, briefly stretching your arms and wings and dusting yourself off, you stepped onto the open palm. With a cheery smile, she held you out to the yellow woman, making her flinch back. "Yellow, I'd like you to meet (Name). The exquisite siren!" With a deep breath, you bowed towards the yellow gem politely.

 The exquisite siren!" With a deep breath, you bowed towards the yellow gem politely

"Greetings, Lady Yellow. I am honored to make your acquaintance."

Blue giggled, pleased with your gesture. "And they will be the newest addition to our empire." She brought a hand up and started to tenderly stroke your head and back with a finger, prompting you to purr at the gentle touch. "Aren't they just darling?"

Yellow stared hard at the cheerful blue gem incredulously, like she had just sprouted five heads. "Blue, have you lost your mind??" Her voice rose abruptly at the final word making you flinch. "It's bad enough that you keep visiting that worthless planet, let alone bring back whatever organic you come across there... but this?" You shrank back against blue's palm as yellow harshly jabbed a finger in your direction for emphasis. "I don't even think White would approve of... whatever that is!"

Blue tilted her head. "Why not?"

Yellow scoffed, appalled at the fact she even asked the question. "Wh- Blue! Look at it! Those... extra appendages? The discoloration of their limbs?? Do you truly think a defective human would be welcome in our empire??"

You shrank back a bit, both from fear and partial hurt. While you weren't particularly acquainted with everything on this planet and its terminology yet, you knew the word defective was more than a mere insult here.

But surprisingly, blue didn't react to yellow's hostility. Either she somehow didn't notice her yellow comrade's clear disgust and disapproval, or she ignored it because blue's smile didn't seem to waver as she brought you up to her face and nuzzled you against her cheek. Even if her cheek was warm and soft, you found it difficult to breathe from how hard she had you pressed against her. "Oh, Yellow. (Name) is far from being defective." She smiled placidly, as you simply purred at her best you can. "They'll be a magnificent asset to the empire, you'll see."

"A magnificent asset- Blue, did you do something to your gemstone??" Yellow asked, now with bewildered concern as her eyes flickered between blue's oddly happy face and her gemstone shining brilliantly against her chest.

"Not at all! Why do you ask?" Blue smiled serenely. She seemed completely numb to yellow's clear anger.

Yellow now seemed to have lost her patience. "Then why are you acting so dismissive towards my-"

"I-It might be my fault, milady!" You quickly exclaimed, just loud enough for her to hear over her own raised voice.

The yellow woman narrowed her eyes at you, looking almost offended at you merely speaking to her. "What?"

After swallowing a dry knot in your throat, you took a breath as you started your explanation. "Y-Yes. You see, a hybrid siren's voice can have various effects on a lifeform's emotions, depending on what they sing." You explained in a way you hope she'd understand. "In this case, I sang the call of my ancestors, which is a song meant to bring one's mindset to an immense state of inner peace."

Yellow narrowed her eyes, contemplating what you had said. "Inner peace..." she repeated lowly to herself. After a minute, her glare intensified. "So, you're the one who made her like this..." She growled. As she clenched her right hand, a burst of with yellow electricity suddenly crackled out of it, and you felt your breath get caught in your throat. "Blue, give that thing to me at once!"

"N-No! No-no! I-- I-It's not permanent!" You said hurriedly, shrinking back into blue's hand. "I-It just- uhm-" you stumbled over your words as yellow's spiteful golden eyes burned into you. Of all the ways you would have imagined meeting one of Blue's colleagues would go, you wouldn't have guessed it'd go this bad.

"Yellow, you're scaring them." Blue chided as if she were a mother talking to a child. She brought you closer to her chest protectively. "Just give them a little time. You'll see, after they've settled in, I'll have them perform for us." She turned around, continuing her way towards her court. "Then you'll see just how wonderful a creature they are." With that, she leaves her vexed yellow comrade behind in a stupor of bewilderment. What did you do to her??

She sets you back into her hair loop, to which you almost immediately scuttled back against her chest, still quite shaken by the events. "Please forgive her." Blue pearl whispered, scooting herself closer to you, and placing a comforting hand on your wing. "Yellow diamond was always the more... headstrong gem."

You shuffled slightly. "It's... my fault." You muttered, hugging your knees closer to your chest, and wrapping your tail over your feet. "I should've been more careful with my voice." You sighed. So much for first impressions. However, you couldn't help but wonder. "I didn't think it'd affect her like this..."

Blue pearl pondered for a moment. "...perhaps it's not you at all." She said softly. You looked at her, eyebrow quirked in interest.

"After all, it's been quite some time since she's felt any... inner peace."
~~~~~~~~~~

I will not lie, I used a reference for the bowing pose.