part 6: homeworld

"Wake up."

"Wake up, my little siren."

You hummed tiredly as you were roused awake by a large finger gently poking your back. You murmured lightly, fluttering your wings to signal to the giantess to your awakening as you arched your back in a cat-like manner, yawning as you started to started to wake yourself up. You felt a small hand run across your wings, in a similar motion to preening. "Did you rest well, my siren?" You purred lightly, gently flapping your wings to get blood flowing in them. "It was a rather comfortable slumber." You sat against the curve of her hair loop, still feeling a bit groggy. You blinked a few times to adjust your eye sight, rubbing them with your palms. "Where are we now?"

"We've arrived at homeworld." Pearl replied softly, idly fiddling with her hands that rested in her lap.

"Homeworld?" You blinked again, taking your hands away from your eyes to scoop out your new landscape.

...Oh.

You were met with a startlingly... flat edge sight.

The landscape was lined completely with a forest of geometric structures of different forms, either in inverted pyramids, crystalline shapes or basic rectangular shapes.

You shuddered slightly at the unfamiliar landscape. Your eyes flickered back and forth, unconsciously searching for anything familiar to you.

But... There wasn't anything. In fact, there wasn't anything organic as far as they you could have seen!

No trees of any kind... not a single bird fluttering through the vast sky... no clouds, not a sprout of grass on the ground...

Come to think of it, there was barely any ground left. Most of it was dry, crumbly and uneven, while the rest of it was just vast chasms that lead into inky darkness.

The only thing that was familiar to you was the sky, which was purplish-pink in color, with white star-like speckles decorating it, giving it a similar appearance to the night sky. The only thing that put you off was that it had no visible moon.

...Or sun for that manner.

...in fact, there wasn't even a cloud in the sky.

Not even a breeze!

You knew there'd be at least one or two things that would be off with an alien ecosystem, but you certainly didn't quite expect it to be almost entirely compromised of stone and mechanical.

You almost frowned at a sudden chill running up your spinel. Even with the assortment of colors the buildings came in...

Everything just seemed so... bleak.

"Here we are!" Came blue's enthusiastic voice as she gestured excitedly with her hand to the geometric city. "This shall be your new home! Isn't that lovely?"

"...Ah..." was all you could utter. You... truthfully didn't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it does have its charm with the shine and colors, not to mention how neat and symmetrical everything is... but at the same time, the complete lack in vegetation and wildlife gave you a cold, heavy sense of foreboding in your chest. You felt you didn't quite belong there..

"It's certainly... shiny..." you replied in a polite and steady voice. After all, you didn't want to offend your new empress.

Of course, Blue beamed proudly at this. She didn't seem to noticing your uncertainty as she clapped her hands once. "Excellent! Come then, let's get you all settled in!" She chirps cheerily as she continued her way through the shiny city. As she traveled deeper into the unfamiliar biome, you found yourself shrinking back against the blue chest in apprehension. Blue pearl must have sensed your tension because she scooted closer and placed a hand gently onto your shoulder.

"...It'll be okay." Blue pearl reassured gently. "I assure you, once we get you acquainted with everything, you'll feel right at home here."

You gulped, fiddling nervously with your hands. "Ye-yeah..." You muttered, trying to ignore to cold anxiety that bit at your chest. "We'll.... see about that."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk was rather peaceful. The halls were surprisingly quiet and empty, with only a few of the exotic humanoids either roaming the halls or guarding certian areas, but they were quick to cease any chit-chat at the sight of the massive blue giantess. And aside from the occasional 'My diamond' from the gems below, the only other sounds you heard were the thudding footsteps of blue as she strode her way down the shiny hallways, with a slight bounce in her step. "You'll love it here, I just know it." She would muse softly, still smiling like a giddy child. "Your voice will be used to its full potential without a single consequence... oh, this'll be so grand!"

Despite her size, her voice was incredibly light and soft. Soothing, in fact. You couldn't help but smile slightly. She was likely to be as old as earth, and yet she displayed a cheerfulness only a child could have, simply because she found you. "My, my diamond hasn't been this ecstatic for a millennia..." Blue pearl noted, wearing a cheery smile of her own. It's nice to make others happy... There was a brief pause before she giggled lightly to herself, before looking at you. "Or perhaps I should be saying our diamond now." You smiled lightly, feeling a purr rumbling in your throat. "It would be an honor."

The walk was rather long. Apparently her court was on another side of the palace, since there were 4 seperate diamonds down the hallways continued peacefully. Over time, the smooth, steady pace blue walked at, combined with blue pearl's gentle hands lightly preening your wings you found that you were slowly starting to drift into a peaceful sleeping trance.

"Blue! There you are!"

That is until a loud, curt voice broke it.

"Where have you been?? Not back on earth again, I'm hoping?"

"I may have stopped by there again," Blue giggled softly, still seemingly lost in her bliss. "Oh, but you wouldn't believe the wonderous creature I've found there!"

There was an indignant groan. "Blue... there is a whole zoo full of them; what other organic could that planet possibly be--"

There was a startled gasp.

Whomever this was must have spotted you.

Still groggy, you blink a few times to adjust your eye sight and look up to find a pair of bewildered golden eyes staring back at you.