Chapter 15- The Longbottoms

"Ok. This is happening. This is actually happening."

"Calm down! I'm sure they'll like you just fine once you heal the Longbottoms."

It was the morning of the plan. They had just apparated within sight of the Burrow. Bellatrix was very nervous, but Shadow was just excited to see her friends again. She was also eager to be filled in on the plan to remove Harry safely from the Dursleys'.

"Come on, let's go. Professor McGonagall has already filled them in on what's happening." Bellatrix sighed but followed Shadow to the Burrow. Shadow knocked on the door and all sounds stopped. She heard Professor McGonagall's voice from the other side.

"Who's there?" McGonagall asked.

"It's Shadow Lestrange. I am the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange and He Who Must Not Be Named. I received 9 O.W.L.s this summer. I am with Bellatrix." The door opened and McGonagall sighed.

"Good. You're finally here." Shadow entered, followed by Bellatrix.

"Shadow!" Shadow barely had time to turn around when she was attacked in a hug by Hermione, followed by Ginny.

"I'm so glad you're all right! McGonagall told us the story of what happened. I can't believe You Know Who tried to kill you! And Bellatrix..." Hermione trailed off and looked behind Shadow at Bellatrix.

"Of all the people to come over to our side, I never would've thought it would be Bellatrix. Bellatrix! I mean, I shouldn't be so surprised. She had to have a little good in her for you to be so awesome." Ginny added. When Shadow looked around, she saw the Burrow was extremely crowded. Along with McGonagall, Hermione, and Ginny, there was also Hagrid, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Ron, Tonks, Lupin, Fred, George, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Mad Eye Moody, Mundungus Fletcher, and Neville. Neville looked absolutely petrified.

"Now, now, let's get this over with so we can go ahead with the plan." McGonagall interrupted. She led Bellatrix through the crowd and over to the couch. Frank and Alice Longbottom were sitting on it, gazing around vaguely. Bellatrix took out her wand and closed her eyes in concentration. She muttered a series of incantations under her breath. A thin stream of light came from her wand and circled around the Longbottoms. They watched it curiously. After a bit, the light spread upwards and entered their heads. Once the light was gone, their faces went from vaguely unaware to shocked.

"What in the world?" Alice asked. Then she saw Neville.

"Neville! You've gotten so big! How long has it been? The last thing I remember, we were in that basement." Neville rushed across the room and threw himself at his parents. Shadow smiled as she watched Neville's family reunion. Hermione was wiping her eyes next to her. After what seemed like a long time, Neville sat in between his parents and talking finally came back to the room. Neville turned to look at Bellatrix.

"I can't believe it really worked. Thank you." Then, to everyone's surprise, Neville stood up and hugged Bellatrix. She froze, then returned the hug. When Neville turned back to his parents, they were staring at Bellatrix like Voldemort had just materialized in the middle of the room.

"Neville, that's the woman who tortured us!" Frank said, patting his pockets in search of a wand that wasn't there.

"No, she's the one who healed you. She just brought back your memories." Frank and Alice stared at Bellatrix.

"You did...but...you?" Alice was too shocked for proper speech. "But...you're a death eater!"

"Not anymore, thanks to my daughter." Bellatrix gestured at Shadow, who waved at Frank and Alice.

"Daughter!?" Frank shouted.

"Now, now, Frank." Professor McGonagall said. "You need to rest. As for the rest of us, we need to get going to collect Harry." she turned to Bellatrix. "Now, you need to decide. Are you ready to join the Order of the Phoenix?"

"Yes." she said immediately.

"Well then, I'll tell you the plan on the way there. Everyone, let's go."