Chapter 12: Training

Shadow couldn't say that she didn't enjoy her first Christmas with Bellatrix, but other then that, her time at Malfoy Manor was very tense. It was the day before her departure back to Hogwarts when she heard a voice that still sent a shiver through her, even now.

"I must speak with you." Shadow turned slowly. Sure enough, Voldemort was standing behind her.

"What about?" She asked with her eyes lowered. That's how he preferred to be addressed.

"I believe you are not being properly trained at Hogwarts. You are not to return to that school tomorrow. I will be training you myself." He said. Shadow tried to keep her reaction as tame as possible, even though she was screaming in her head.

"I...but are you sure?" She asked.

"Are you questioning my orders?" Voldemort narrowed his eyes.

"No! I... Of course not." Shadow said, briefly panicking. Disloyalty led to death with the death eaters.

"Good. Go about your business." He turned and swept out of the room just as quickly as he had come. Shadow raced up the stairs, intending to go to her room, but she bumped into someone at the top of the stairs. It was Narcissa.

"Shadow? Is something wrong?" She asked. Shadow's first instinct was to say no and hurry to her room, but instead, she found herself nodding.

"He doesn't want me to go back to Hogwarts after the break. I can't say no, but I want to go back! I love my classes and my friends! Everything is so stressful and tense here. I feel like I can never be myself!" She wiped her eyes hastily. She definitely wasn't crying. Without speaking, Narcissa led Shadow to her room and shut the door behind them.

"Shadow, I'm so sorry this is happening, and I wish I could be more help, but there's nothing we can do." She said. Shadow felt like a little girl again. She couldn't remember the last time she let herself cry like this in front of her aunt. At the same time, she felt grateful that she had support during this strange and terrible time.

(My very first time skip brought to you by Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dear Hermione,

I hope this letter reaches you. You may have noticed that I didn't return with everyone else after the holidays. That's because I'm no longer allowed to attend Hogwarts. The Dark Lord will be training me instead. I wish I could come back. I miss school and all of you, but there's no way out. I'm stuck here. I hope I'll get to see you again someday. Please show this letter to Harry, Ron, and the others.

Shadow

Shadow folded up the letter and gave it to the family owl to deliver. She hoped that it would make it to Hogwarts. School had been in session for a week now. While Hermione and her friends were having a perfectly normal school year, Shadow was stuck at Malfoy Manor, practicing unforgivable curses. How long was she going to be stuck here?

A/N It's kind of short but I wanted to add this to the plot.