chapter four

Tatiana

"And this is Elena,"

"Hi," I smiled at the girl. I had heard a lot about her and seen her around school, but I had never actually met her until this moment.

"Have you seen Stefan?" She asked Caroline quietly after we had been introduced.

"I wish I would have," she chuckled lightly. I could tell she was a little upset that Elena was the one winding up with Stefan.

"I'm uh, going to get a drink,"

I wandered off towards where I had seen a lot of people get drinks, finding my way through the crowds of people that I don't know. For a small town, they sure have a huge amount of party turn out.

Somehow without realizing, I ended up in the woods.

"Of course," I muttered, looking around to where the sounds of people seemed to be coming from. I could distantly hear the sound of the waterfall. So that's where they got Mystic Falls.

"Natalie?"

I turned around at the sound of the voice, seeing a guy standing directly behind me.

"Uh, no," I said slowly.

"Natalie, you bitch," he said, his hand suddenly wrapping around my throat. I gasped for air, looking at the stranger in front of me.

"My name.. is Tatiana," I breathed, grabbing the guys' wrist.

"Oh."

He let go of me, making sudden eye contact. "Forget this. Go back to the party."

Suddenly, I was alone.

Why did my throat hurt? I touched my neck, thinking of what possibly could've happened for it to hurt this much.

I walked back over to Caroline, Matt, and Bonnie.

"Where's Elena?"

Bonnie pointed over to the bridge and I noticed she was with Stefan. I did get a little twinge of jealousy, but any girl would. Stefan was.. well, hot.

"Ahh," I said, taking a sip of my drink. We all seemed to be staring at the two of them. Stefan suddenly left her there, walking off of the bridge. Matt shifted awkwardly and Caroline saw an opportunity, walking away.

"There she goes," Bonnie laughed.

Natalie - 1864

"There are no vampires in Philadelphia," I said to Mr. Gilbert, strolling down the street.

"None that you are aware of, at least. I am making an invention, it will point a compass arrow at any of those demons,"

I swallowed nervously. "That is nice to hear. The sooner we are rid of them, the better,"

I spotted Katerina across the road.

"Excuse me,"

I walked quickly over to her, stopping her from her stroll with Pearl, another vampire.

"Can we have a moment?"

"Why not?"

I took her off to the side, even though I knew Pearl and her daughter could very well listen to our conversation.

"Why has Damon not spoken a word to me since your little drop by yesterday?"

"I may have gotten him to forget you, but I may have not, maybe I told him the truth,"

"He knows, Nataliya!"

"Knows what?" I asked innocently, walking away from her.

-