chapter eight

picture - Tatiana Lancaster | Nataliya Petrova

_____

"Damon," I said, opening the door a little more so Elena could see who showed up even though she probably knew by his voice.

"Can I come in?"

"You.. You're a -"

"Sssh,"

"Go away, Damon," Elena said, standing beside me.

"And for what reason?"

"You're a vampire," I finally managed to say.

"And you look like one, now can I come in?"

"No," Elena said, looking at me.

"Fine."

Elena's eyes widened and Damon stepped inside, smirking triumphantly at her.

"That's not the entire story," Damon spoke.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Derek said.

"I'm explaining some important history, now go watch football," Damon said to Derek, looking directly into his eyes. As if he had to follow the command, Derek walked back into the living room.

"Did you really just compel him?!" Elena hissed.

"After Katherine was taken, Stefan and I tried to go bust her out. We had a plan and everything, but we got caught by none other than our vampire hating father." Damon explained.

"Natalie was there when we tried to save Katherine, she tried to tell us to move, but I didn't trust the bitch,"

I rolled my eyes, "If you thought I was Natalie, and you hate her, why did you start following me?"

"Same reason Stefan started following Elena, I'm interested."

Elena rolled her eyes.

"How does this happen? How do the both of you look like vampires we knew in 1864?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, now too aware that I had invited a vampire into my house and that he could come in at any time.

"Well, I want to figure it out." Damon said, making his way into my kitchen and opening the liquor cabinet.

"I'm leaving," Elena said, a hint of annoyance evident in her voice.

"She thinks Stefan is going to fall in love with Katherine when we find out where the hell she is,"

"Katherine's alive?" I asked.

"Yep, and we're going to stake her. I loved her for 145 years and she didn't even come looking for me to tell me she was alive,"

"What about Natalie?" I joked.

"She compelled me,"

"So did Katherine,"

Damon walked past me towards my front door. "Thanks for the invite, I'll be here often,"

He walked out, leaving me to process my newly discovered information.

If I look like Natalie, someone in my family must have a relation to her. My dad? My mom? But if she's a vampire, how can I even find my relation to her? She has to be... well, old.

What if she's still alive?

I need to find Natalie.

-

I found myself at the old Salvatore boarding house, my fist ready to knock on the door. I hesitated, taking a deep breath before knocking.

"Tatiana?" Stefan said, confused as he opened the door.

"I need your help," I said, looking up at him.

"With?"

"I need to find Natalie Callowhill."

"So, you know," Stefan guessed as I walked into the house.

"I need to know why I look like her," I continued, spinning around to face him.

"Well, there's one person that I know can help with that, but we have to find her,"

"Katherine." I guessed. Stefan nodded.

"How do we find her?"

"She'll find us," Damon chimed in. "When she hears that we came back to Mystic Falls, she'll come,"

"I need to get her to talk though," I said, running a hand through my hair.

"The most we can do is give her vervain and not give her blood," Stefan said.

"Vervain?"

"It's toxic for vampires, but if humans have it it stops them from being compelled. Your bracelet has vervain, which is why I can't compel you anymore," Damon explained.

"Anymore?"

"Oh look, gotta go," Damon said, going up the stairs.

"Don't worry, we'll figure this out," Stefan assured. I nodded, "Thanks."

-

"Isn't it weird that Katherine and Natalie knew each other and you guys are like, twins of them?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah," Elena chuckled.

"And Katherine had a thing with Stefan and Damon, and Natalie had something for Damon. It's either a weird coincidence or you guys are reincarnations," Bonnie said with a laugh.

"I don't have anything with Damon,"

"Tatiana, you can't expect anyone to believe that," Caroline said.

"Well, it's true. I just want to know why I look like this Natalie person."

"And if we're looking for Katherine, maybe she has answers as to why I look like her,"

"Exactly," I replied.

And I think that was the last night that everything was close to normal for the four of us.