chapter sixteen

picture: natalie in 1921 :)

---

"I don't like that idea,"

"It's not up to you, Damon," I sigh.

Tonight is the full moon. But we aren't dying.

"And who said it was up to Elena?"

"She isn't stupid, she knows what we're doing,"

"Because she's been sacrificed to so many original vampires hoping to break the sun and moon curse!"

I grabbed Damon's face and pulled his lips to mine, stopping him from shouting about our stupidity.

"We aren't going to die." I say, looking into his eyes.

"We need a Plan B in case you do die,"

I rolled my eyes, but I watched Damon bite into his wrist, the red seeping out.

"Damon I-"

"I'm going to regret this forever if I let you walk out of that door without this and you actually die, and for a vampire, forever is a long time, Tatiana."

I watched his blood trickle down his wrist, knowing that that was my plan B. I winced as I brought it to my lips and let it into my system.

"Thank you,"

Damon walked off and I sighed, wiping the blood from my lips.

I can't die tonight.

- - -

The moon was up, and Elena and I were walking through the forest with a flashlight.

"Is Bonnie's spell going to work?" I asked in a hushed tone.

"If it doesn't then I guess we die for a useless cause,"

Great to know she feels this way.

We finally arrived at the site, seeing Klaus with a big grin.

"There's my doppelgängers,"

"Jules?" Elena said, surprised at the sight of Klaus's werewolf of choice.

"Thanks to a certain Amira Lancaster, my two doppelgängers are together, and thank god, too, because quite frankly I really didn't want to have to round ya up,"

I exhaled and looked to Elena, who was already looking at me.

"We can do it," she whispered.

We took a few steps closer, the circle in which Jules was surrounded in going up in flames. This was it.

After Jules was killed, the witch was next. And then us. We put all of our faith into Bonnie's spell, and if this doesn't work...

I'm going to be a vampire.

Klaus made his way over to us, tracing a nonexistent line on Elena's neck before his teeth sunk into her neck.

"Stop!" I screamed, watching the life drain out of her. If Bonnie's spell didn't work, what if Elena didn't have a plan B?

The flames around us rose higher, Elena dropping to the dirt. Klaus grabbed me next, tears streaming down my face before I felt the sharp pain of teeth in my neck. I slowly got more and more lightheaded before I heard Stefan shouting for us. It sounded distant.

And then everything went black.

---

"You gave her your blood, Damon?!"