13

Rachel sat in the passenger seat of Quinn's car and looked nervously out the window. It was nearly 15 minutes until the bell for first period, so the campus was beginning to fill with students. Rachel jumped when she felt Quinn rest a hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently.

"It's going to be fine," Quinn reassured. "I spoke to Santana last night; she talked to most of the squad mates and threatened to castrate Puck if he didn't tell her the truth. That picture never got out."

Rachel turned her head to meet her girlfriend's reassuring gaze. "I know. You're right. Sitting here and dwelling isn't helping." Rachel smiled brightly, not sure if she was trying to convince Quinn or herself. She gripped the door handle firmly and opened the door. "Let's go. 'Fortune favors the brave."

Quinn stepped out of the car and walked around to stand beside her girlfriend. Reaching out she grasped Rachel's hand and intertwined their fingers. Rachel looked down at their joined hands in mild surprise.

Seeing the questioning look Quinn smiled and gripped the brunette's hand more firmly. "I know we said we wouldn't hide our relationship, and we haven't been, but we also haven't been going out of our way to make sure people know. I can't help but think that if I had been a little more open, that Sarah and Stacy wouldn't have thought that I was possibly stringing you along."

Rachel beamed at the blonde. "That's very sweet of your Quinn. I didn't want to pressure you into showing public signs of affection if you weren't yet ready for them. The fact that you are willing to take this next step makes me extremely happy."

Quinn grinned back. "Well I'm glad." Quinn tugged on Rachel's hand and the pair started walking towards the school. "Did you just quote for Elton John's Aida? I thought you said that show was bland, boring, emotionally shallow and a travesty of the Broadway stage," Quinn questioned.

Rachel looked temporarily nonplussed. "I did." She smiled happily at Quinn, and reached up to kiss her on the cheek. "I can't believe you remembered that. I must be nervous; I have no idea why I would quote that. That show was extraordinarily insipid"

"Christ, get a room," Santana yelled, walking towards them, Brittany in tow. "I know I helped you guys get back together, but if my repayment for that is going to have to be watching you make out, I take it back."

Quinn halted her progress toward the doors and turned to greet the other Cheerio. "Please, after the countless times I have had to watch you and Britt practically molest each other I think you can stand a simple kiss on the cheek."

Santana rolled her eyes. "Whatever." Santana looked at Rachel and nodded her head. "Glad to see you aren't a total moron Berry, though I must admit, the idea of gagging you did have some appeal."

"Hey!" Quinn cried indignantly, not sure exactly what Santana was referring to. "Leave her alone."

Rachel patted her arm soothingly. "It's okay Quinn. Santana and I have come to an understanding." Rachel looked at the happily bouncing blonde that was standing beside Santana. "Good morning Brittany."

Brittany grinned broadly and wrapped Rachel in a bear hug. Rachel let out a small squeak of surprise before awkwardly wrapping one arm around the other girls back. Brittany released her and pulled back. "I'm so glad that you and Quinn were able to work it out. It wouldn't have been the same around here if you had left."

"So quiet and peaceful," Santana chimed in, earning a scowl from Quinn.

"Well thank you Brittany. I am just glad to be back, and eager to put all of the unpleasantness behind me."

At the mention of unpleasantness Santana's eyes lit up and she rubbed her hands together eagerly. "Speaking of unpleasantness, what's the plan? Constant slushies? Daily trips to the dumpster? Gluing their lockers closed? Swirlies? All of the above?"

Quinn opened her mouth to respond but Rachel beat her to it. "Actually Santana, I have decided it would be counterproductive to perpetuate an atmosphere of constant retaliation and escalation, and have requested that Quinn not pursue any type or recourse on my behalf."

Santana gaped at her in shock. "Are you fucking kidding me?" She turned to stare at Quinn. "Tell me she is joking."

Quinn flushed slightly but met Santana's gaze evenly. "She's not joking. She requested that I let it go, and since this happened to her it's her call."

Santana looked outraged. "I can't believe this! You're just going to let these two bitches get away with totally disrespecting you." Santana pinned Rachel with an accusing glare. "I blame this on you. You are making Quinn totally soft. A year ago she would have had them stripped bare and staked to the center of the football field."

Rachel raised her chin and met the Latina's gaze defiantly. "I prefer to approach these situations in a more mature and rational manner, and Quinn agrees. Don't you Quinn?"Quinn looked like she wanted to argue but she swallowed her words and simply nodded her head. Santana threw her arms up in exasperation.

"Sometimes the best course of action is to forgive those that have transgressed against you," Rachel insisted, smiling warmly at Quinn.

Santana narrowed her eyes and huffed in disgust. "And sometimes the best course of action is to bust some ass," Santana insisted.

Rachel shook her head. "I appreciate your concern on my behalf Santana, but I really just want to put this entire ordeal behind me."

"I'm not concerned," Santana insisted defensively. "I was just looking forward to causing some torment. It makes my day a little brighter and this had the potential to be an epic campaign of humiliation. But you just had to be all mature and take all my fun away."

Rachel smiled warmly at the brunette. "Of course, and I apologize for spoiling your fun, but I am confident that you will find something to fill the void."

Santana smirked at the smaller girl. "Oh you can count on it Berry." Santana grabbed Brittany's hand dragged her towards the doors. "C'mon Brit, lets ditch these two and you can help me fill that void," Santana said suggestively.

"Get a room!" Quinn yelled after the retreating pair.

Santana looked back over her shoulder and grinned. "Jealous?"

Quinn scoffed. "Hardly. I'm just sure trying to make sure no one is scarred for life."

"I don't know Q, you still seem a little grumpy, you might learn something," Santana taunted.

Quinn flushed, whether from embarrassment or irritation Rachel wasn't sure. "I can assure you that neither I nor Quinn require your dubious assistance," Rachel defended.

Santana opened her mouth to argue but stopped when Brittany leaned over to whisper something in her ear. Grinning widely Santana nodded her head. "You're right B. Later bitches." With one last wave from Brittany the duo disappeared inside the school.

Rachel sent a sideways glance at her girlfriend. "You're not jealous are you?"

Quinn looked at Rachel in surprise. "Of Santana? No, I can honestly say that I am not. My idea of a good time is not hooking up in the janitor's closet or the girls bathroom," Quinn assured her girlfriend.

Rachel smiled and wrapped her arm around the blonde's, reaching up to kiss her on the cheek again. "Good. I am sure that can not possibly be a sanitary place to engage in intimate activity." Rachel paused. "Although, I know that the Glee room is empty at this hour, and while I do not want our first time to be some hurried coupling on school grounds, I would not be against sharing in some alone time before class starts."

Quinn cocked an eyebrow and looked down at the smaller girl. "Why Rachel Berry, are you propositioning me?"

Rachel nodded her head, grinning happily. "I do believe that I am."

Quinn grabbed Rachel's hand and tugged her towards the school. "Then what are we standing here for? We've only got ten minutes and it seems a shame to waste them." Laughing, Rachel followed her girlfriend into the school, all the thoughts and worries that had been plaguing her effectively forgotten.