4

Thirty minutes later, the girls all found themselves lounging the pool. The movie idea had been a bust when no one could even come close to agreeing. Rachel, not surprisingly, had wanted to watch anything with Barbara, Brittany had voted for Howard the Duck, and Santana had insisted that if she was going to refrain from killing Berry she should at least be able to fantasize about it, and had lobbied for Hostel. Since by that point they had all been practically melting, they had quickly agreed to the pool when Sarah and Stacy had suggested it.

The five Cheerios had camped out on the shallow end and were busy passing the now half-empty bottle of vodka around. Rachel had wanted to join them, but Quinn had nixed that idea, and they had grabbed a couple of the pool floats, at Quinn's insistence, and were slowly drifting away from the group.

While Rachel wouldn't have minded a bit more of the vodka, the promise of some relative alone time with a bikini clad Quinn was enough to persuade her to abandon that plan.

"What is this called again Quinn?" Rachel asked, batting at the end of her pool float. Quinn had tucked it under her arms, so that her chest was held out of the water, but the ends curled up and were distracting her.

"It's a fun noodle Rach, so you can float."

"I know how to swim," Rachel insisted, insulted that Quinn thought she needed a piece of foam to keep her afloat. "My dad's had me in swim lessons when I was two. I am an exceptional swimmer."

"I know you are baby, but how about you just humor me and leave it in place." Quinn glanced left at her girlfriend as they slowly paddled towards the far end of the pool. "That way we won't have to concentrate on staying afloat, and can make better use of our hands." Quinn's voice took on a suggestive edge, and Rachel felt a shiver throughout her body.

Reaching the far end of the pool, Quinn spun Rachel so that her back was against the side of the pool, and slid herself in front of the smaller girl.

"So, now that you have me all to yourself, what are your plans?" Rachel asked coyly, reaching out and trying to run her right hand through Quinn's hair. Instead of making contact with the golden locks, she found herself spitting out a mouthful of water when she slid beneath the surface of the water. She felt a hand grasp her under one arm and pull her above the water.

"What happened?" she spluttered, using her free hand to wipe the water out of her eyes.

"You slipped off your fun noodle and went under," Quinn replied drily as she brushed her girlfriend's tangled hair back and out of her eyes. Treading water, she quickly re-situated Rachel on her fun noodle. "I don't want to have to fish you off the bottom of the pool. Now hold onto your noodle."

Rachel snickered, earning an eye roll from Quinn. Apparently a little alcohol lowered her emotional maturity to that of a twelve-year-old male.

"I told you, I am an exceptional swimmer Quinn," Rachel staunchly insisted.

"Mm hmm, and if you were sober I would agree with you. But you just belted back four shots, so you may not quite be in control of all your impressive abilities at the moment," Quinn teased.

Rachel harrumphed at the comment, but given the fact that the sky was kind of spinning, just a tad, she felt it best not to argue. Plus there were far better things she could be doing with her time.

"I really like your bathing suit," Rachel quipped, sending the blonde her best smoldering look. Quinn chocked back a laugh.

"Do you now? Well I was thinking of you when I bought it, I just wasn't sure if I could pull it off yet," Quinn replied, glancing down at her body self-consciously.