5

Rachel swallowed nervously, reflecting that perhaps implying Santana, and to some extent Brittany, were somewhat less than discerning when it came to their choice in sexual partners wasn't one of her more well thought out actions. Damn Quinn for leaving her alone.

The former head Cheerio continued to advance toward the pool, her dark eyes promising menace. Rachel opened her mouth to plead her case, but was halted when Santana suddenly laughed.

"Oh my god Berry, you should see your face right now!" Reaching the pool, she stopped by the edge and glanced down into the water. "I'm not sure I even want to get back in the water, you look like you might have pissed yourself." The other cheerleaders let out disgusted shrieks and began to edge away from the now blushing Rachel.

"I can assure you that I have not relieved myself in the pool." Rachel looked at the four girls in the pool, all still keeping a safe distance.

Santana laughed and lowered herself into the water. Her willingness to enter the potentially soiled water provided the other girls with enough evidence that she must have been joking, they began to edge closer.

Rachel glowered, something that had no effect on the unrepentant brunette. "Oh don't give me that look. Quinn gets all bent out of shape when I try to have a little fun, so I have to take my chances when they arise. Good to know I haven't lost the ability to strike fear with just a look though."

"I wasn't afraid," Rachel stubbornly insisted.

Santana remained unconvinced. "Uh huh, right, that's probably why you looked like I was about to strip you naked and feed you to the wolves."

"Quinn wouldn't be happy if you fed Rachel to wolves San." Brittany floated over until she was once again resting against the prickly cheerleader; she laid her head on Santana's shoulder with a happy sigh. Rachel noticed that the blonde's eyes were even more glazed over than usual and figured the now almost empty bottle of vodka was to blame.

"Yeah, you're right B, I'm sure Quinn would much rather eat Berry herself."

"Must you be so crass, Santana?" Rachel questioned with a huff, crossing her arms across her chest, if she had been on dry ground she would have thrown in a foot stomp for added emphasis. While the Latina had managed to curb her more pointed barbs, she had replaced them with sexual innuendos instead. Rachel wasn't sure if she preferred the insults instead.

"Oh don't be such a prude."

"Just because I don't find your puerile statements amusing doesn't mean that I'm a prude."

"Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's a duck," Santana stated flippantly.

Brittany popped her head up and looked around excitedly. "Where?"

Santana sighed, patting the blonde's hand consolingly. "Nowhere Brit, it's just a figure of speech." The blonde slumped in disappointment.

"Nice going Santana," Rachel quipped. Santana scowled at the petite brunette.

"Shut it." The Latina turned to the still pouting blonde. "I'll make it up to you, what do you want?"

The blonde immediately perked back up and smiled at her friend. "Ice cream!" Santana groaned quietly, not knowing if Quinn had any in the freezer; she didn't want to let the blonde down twice in such a short span. She smiled regardless, leaning forward slightly before catching herself and pulling back.

"Ice cream, huh? Let me just go check to make sure Quinn has some in the freezer, if not I'm sure you can think of some other way I can make it up to you." Santana stood from the water and smiled suggestively at Brittany, oblivious to all the eyes watching her.