三十

Later that evening, Minghao, Jun, Yuqi and Renjun stumble back into the hotel with the smell of alcohol on their breath and a swagger in their step.

Renjun probably ended up the worst out of all of them—his low tolerance definitely didn't mix well with an apparent desire to drink until he passed out, and at a point he almost did, if it weren't for Minghao and Yuqi prising the bottle from his hands and refusing to let him have it back.

Yuqi takes his arm and wraps it around her shoulders, stuffing her other hand into her hoodie pocket and the two of them eventually disappear up the stairs after she waves a silent goodnight to the pair left behind.

Jun drops his head onto Minghao's shoulder. "I'm tired," he groans. "And my head hurts."

This is Minghao's first time seeing Jun drunk, and it seems the only effect it's having on him is making him really really tired. "Okay," he sighs. At least Jun's not an angry-drunk—or fainting after a few like Renjun. "Maybe if you didn't drink so much you'd feel fine."

"Whatever," he huffs. "Can we just sleep?"

It's not that jun needs Minghao's arm secured around his waist, but the younger keeps it their anyway as they climb the flights of stairs to their room. Jun wraps his jacket tighter around him, apparently cold despite it being at least twenty degrees and the middle of the night.

Minghao pulls the key from his pocket. "Hey, we're here." Jun lifts his head up and patiently waits for Minghao to open the door. Once inside he collapses onto the bed, barely remembering to take his shoes off beforehand. Minghao looks at him for a few seconds, and with a sigh, walks over and starts undressing him.

Jun's head whips up and he stares at him through squinted eyes. "What are you doing?"

"You shouldn't sleep in these clothes," Minghao mumbles. "You'll be uncomfortable."

Jun eyes him for a moment, before sitting up straight. Not giving Minghao a chance to do much in return, Jun cups his chin and angles his lips towards his. They collide in the middle, with a sudden fever burning between them as Jun slips his hand through the hair at the nape of Minghao's neck, pulling him even closer—if that's even possible at this point.

Hand falling to Jun's waist, Minghao untucks his legs from underneath him and hooks them loosely around each side of Jun's body. He grins when Jun's kisses start to become more desperate, tongue slipping out to brush against his lower lip and Jun's other hand landing on Minghao's thigh, thumb brushing over the thin fabric and sending a chill down his spine.

Briefly pulling away, Minghao chuckles, "Are you drunk?"

With a shrug, Jun gives him a lazy smile. "Maybe a little." His hand stays resting on the crown of Minghao's head as he leans further down into the bed, slowly guiding Minghao down with him. "But what difference does it make?"

Minghao's breath fans over Jun's lips as their noses brush. "Ten minutes ago, you were complaining about how tired you are," he says.

"I'm not so tired anymore," Jun whispers with a smirk, leaning up to reconnect their lips.

***

Two days later, after they arrive back home and Minghao and Jun part ways for the night, Jun is watching a movie by himself when his phone lights up. His attention is drawn to it, not hesitating to pick it up when he sees it's a call from Minghao.

"Hey," he mumbles, voice deep and groggy as he rubs at his eyes, trying to wake himself up.

"Your agency replied!" 

The excitement in Minghao's tone is enough for Jun to sit up a little straighter. "Really?" he asks. "What did they say?"

He can almost hear Minghao's grin through the phone. "They said they'd be happy to accept me, and I don't even need an interview."

"That's brilliant," Jun smiles, leaning back into the sofa and balancing his phone on his chest. "I'm happy for you." The flames of his electric fire dance across his face, although he's so tired it feels like they're burning his eyes. Jun reaches for the remote and turns them off, watching the room plunge into darkness besides the blaring light from the television screen, which is soon killed as well.

Feeling a little more at ease, Jun closes his eyes and focuses on listening to Minghao talk—who seems a bit too awake considering it's late at night and they've just got back from a trip to the other side of the world.

"Do you know when your first job is yet?" Jun asks.

Minghao hums, "The day after tomorrow, with some of the newer models."

"That won't last long," Jun drawls. "They'll see how talented you are and soon enough you'll be hired for brand and magazine shoots... I bet."

"We'll see, I guess," Minghao chuckles. "Maybe I'll get to photograph you one day." 

Letting out a soft chuckle, Jun shakes his head. "You're too good to have your goal be taking photos of a bunch of teenagers who don't know what they're doing. You're well above that."

Minghao replies, but his words are lost somewhere between the two of them, as even after a while, he doesn't receive another response from Jun. Eventually, he picks up on deep breaths from the other side of the phone and smiles. Minghao leaves the phone on call and pulls his duvet over himself, whispering one last, "Goodnight, I love you," to the phone before switching his lamp off and closing his eyes.