19 Cross

In her dream, it's a black cat sniffing her face as it leaves wet trails from its nose, but in real life she cringes as she feels someone's lips leaving trails of kisses on her face, prompting her to wake up. She groans without even opening her eyes, pulling the blanket up to cover her face and essentially pushing away the person's face that's disturbing her peaceful morning blindly. She hears quiet, then a grumble as she gets tackled and the blanket is pulled away from her, before she gets attacked again with kisses on her face.

Giving up in trying to get more sleep, her eyelids fly open to see Seonghwa's face inches from hers, smiling as he places one last kiss on the bridge of her nose.

He slumps back down on the bed beside her, mumbling, "Wake up Your Majesty. It's already 7 in the morning." He drawls in his sleepy voice, the voice that always sounds deeper than his usual, and even though she doesn't want to admit it, she likes hearing it.

"You wake up first," Akira utters as she turns to the side and closes her eyes again, her back facing Seonghwa. "I'll sleep for another hour; wake me up when you finish showering."

Seonghwa whines before he scoots over to her, wrapping her in a hug from behind before he buries his face in her hair. He tries tickling Akira, but it's obviously not working as she's not the type to get ticklish easily.

"Stop it," she groans. "Or else I'm going to 'accidentally' elbow your face."

He hugs her tighter, causing her to be immobilized, hands tied to her body. "Yeah go and try elbowing me."

She chuckles but her eyelids remain closed, not having the intention to fight back anyway. "We have a schedule today," she reminds him. "Another visit but to the residential area this time, remember? Since you woke up first, you shower first. I'll stay here wrapped up; it's getting colder these days."

He remains quiet first, but after mulling over his options he wakes up, leans against the headboard as he throws a look over to Akira. He smiles when he sees that she's already drifted off again; he helps to brush away the strands of hair that's covering her face before tucking it behind her ears. Then he gets off the bed, undresses before stepping into the shower.

He steps under the running water, brushing back his wet hair as his mind wanders somewhere else. He stares blankly at the wall as he gets soaked by the water, unmoving.

Although he says the opposite because he doesn't want to worry his wife, the words the man had thrown to him cut deeper than he would have liked. He knows his own status; a nobleman with crimson blood coming from Nyla who suddenly had the chance to take on the throne. If he were the people of Lucida... he wouldn't like it either. He understands what they feel, and there's no use of denying the truth.

Imagine a stranger waltzing into your kingdom, taking away the throne that was supposedly owned by a white blood from the very same kingdom.

If they want him off the throne... or even dead, he'd understand.

He twists the tap to cut off the water, ripping the towel off the rack, drying himself up before covering his lower body. He steps out of the cubicle and opens the door to see her still sleeping soundly on the bed, half of the blanket already touching the floor. Smiling somewhat evilly he goes over to the tap, scoops some water in his hands before going over to her and sprinkling it all over her face.

Shouting out in surprise and anger, Akira's first instinct is to kick something, and it just so happens that Seonghwa's lower torso is her accidental target. His face immediately contorts in pain, regretting his whole life decisions as his body is folded in half, the towel covering the little dignity he has left. He drops to the floor dramatically as he writhes in pain but unbeknownst to Akira who's only regaining her consciousness of the real world.