23 Hate

Yunho and Jongho watch as Seonghwa downs two glasses of wine consecutively, already looking like he's about to crash down to the floor. The king smiles dreamily before he puts his face in his hands as he cries loudly, resonating through the garden in this calm and collected night.

As opposed to the situation of the night, the king is wailing as he waves his arms in the air, saying that he wished he could have stopped Akira from taking on the throne despite her feeling like it's her absolute responsibility to. Then he abruptly stops wailing before shaking Yunho then moving on to Jongho, saying that it's what she wanted and as a good husband, he wanted to follow her wishes because he loved her so much.

"But now we're going to die!" he exclaims, sobbing as he stands up, throwing himself to the bushes as he attempts to hug the plants. "We're going to die because I'm a stupid, incompetent, pushover husband!" Then he smiles, looking content as he turns around his body and lies on his back among the flowers.

"Are you sure those were his first two glasses before I came here?" Yunho asks Jongho, who's nodding his head as he sips his own glass of wine.

"He's a really lightweight drinker," Jongho comments as he watches Seonghwa bursting into a song, shaking his shoulders as he keeps lying on the bed of flowers. "One time in Nyla, one and a half glasses in, he was shouting at us because he said he needed more money to take care of his children. We thought he secretly got married and had like, actual children. Turned out he was referring to four stray cats that always went to him for food. After that he just," he clicks his tongue, "was knocked out."

"This is kind of, um," Yunho tries to find the right words, "contrasting to how Akira is, so it's weird to see him so... weak. Akira can take at least 8 and you can still catch her punching someone sober."

Seonghwa stands up straight, points his finger to the sky then sticks out his hips to the left. Automatically, Jongho and Yunho groan and close their eyes with their palms as the king starts to sway his hips from side to side while his finger is pointed upwards. The king then starts singing a song slightly out of tune, as he continues shaking his hips to the beat only he knows. Then he spreads both of his arms out as a finishing cue, before collapsing to the ground in a laughing fit.

"That is why we usually make him stay away from alcoholic drinks most of the time," Jongho sighs. "He always ends up embarrassing himself more while he's drunk."

Both of them get startled when Seonghwa suddenly springs up, eyes wide open before he picks himself up, making his way to the table where they are and sitting down, trying so hard to make it look as if he's sober.

"Enough about my pitiful life," his words are slurred. "Tell me," he slaps a palm to his chest, "about your lives. I want to hear them all. Right." He smacks his lips multiple times as he nods. "A good king needs to know how his subjects are doing, and that's what I want to be! A good king." He points finger towards Yunho. "You start first; you're my wife's childhood friend." He chuckles inwardly, "Did you know that I was so jealous of you at first, looking at how close you are with my Akira? But then I told myself that I can't be jealous, and now I'm glad that Akira has someone like you by her side. You!" He points his finger again to Yunho as he smiles. "I like you."

Yunho chuckles at how straightforward Seonghwa is to him when he's drunk, appreciative that the king holds no bad feelings towards him now. Unless... he's not fully truthful even if he's drunk.

"Your Majesty," Yunho offers, feeling amused that he's about to probably have a full on conversation with a drunk Seonghwa. "My life has been nothing of a deviation from Akira's. If you could say, we lived the same lives; wore the same clothes, ate the same food, fought the same people. The lives we've known were constantly either in the battlefield or among the confined walls of this palace."