58 Coincidence

Five of the young masters of Nyla have embarked to Ileara the moment they cracked the message Sara was sending them, so now those back in Lucida are trying as hard as they might to keep calm, occupying themselves with some other things while they wait for the others to return with, hopefully, good news.

Akira watches as Jihyun carefully takes out what seems like notebooks and loose papers, all aged, out from a bag onto the table in front of her. Her advisor arranges the loose papers carefully, stacking them up even though some of them are of different sizes. The notebooks are around the same size, so it's easier for her to stack them up without having them tilted. When she's done, she pushes them towards the queen and bows her head as she smiles.

"I promised you that I'll give you the late king's journals and letters he exchanged with your mother," Jihyun says. "I hope that these can at least help you paint a picture of your parents together."

"Thank you," Akira says while smiling, taking her advisor's hand in hers. "I'm really grateful that you're fine. You should still be resting," she utters, eyes finally moving to Yunho who's trying as hard as he might to act normal. Akira can exactly tell how he's trying so hard to not have his eyes move towards Jihyun while his mouth hides a smile. "Jeong Yunho," she calls him, and this makes him slightly flustered before he stands up straighter.

"Yes, Your Majesty!" Yunho says and this makes Seonghwa slightly snort, obviously having been caught up with the air between Jihyun and Yunho.

"Relax, you don't have to be so uptight," Akira says, smirking, before she turns to Jihyun. "Since everything is over with your father's pact... I was wondering if you'd like to still work here in the palace or not. It's your choice anyway."

Yunho looks at Jihyun from the side, waiting for her answer.

"I was actually thinking of pursuing pottery," she replies, beaming. "I've always wanted to do that, but I don't know where to start, actually."

"Ah," Seonghwa speaks up as all attention turns to him before he sheepishly laughs, "I think the palace can help you with that. We'll help you to gain your footing as a potter in Lucida."

"Does that mean..." Akira steals a glance at Yunho, as she's trying to evoke any reactions from him, "...you'll not be staying at the palace anymore?"

Silence comes to Jihyun as she's still thinking, but she feels like it'd be too much for her to ask for. "I'll stay outside of the palace..." She glances towards Yunho, who isn't looking at her but the floor and is cuffing his shoes on the floor. "....but I'll come over sometimes. If that's alright with Your Majesties."

"It's fine by me," Akira says as he turns to Seonghwa, "Right?"

Seonghwa nods. "Of course. You wouldn't mind too, would you, Yunho?" He asks sneakily, leaning to the side as he places his elbow on the table before pushing his cheek against his palm.

"I have no say in this, Your Majesty," Yunho replies stiffly, still determined in not looking at Jihyun. "I'll follow whatever you say and act accordingly."

"You can come anytime to the palace as you'd like," Akira finally utters, "you've made a huge contribution to our palace... and also to our general. You saved his life."

She chuckles, but even then the pain in her torso is still apparent as she slightly winces. "I still wonder why I took the hit for the general," she says, talking as if Yunho isn't listening on to their conversation. "But I'm glad that I saved his life."

"I'd like to apologize if there's anything that made you uncomfortable during your stay in the cell," the queen says more, "but now we're letting you free. You deserve a life that you would want."