08- ~ 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖋 𝕹' 𝕾𝖙𝖚𝖋𝖋 ~

Next thing I know me and Miguel have both changed into regular clothes and are now cleaning the mats. My dad went off to the store to grab supplies but was quick to return as the bell soon went off "Looking good. Make sure you get both sides." he walked off towards his office while pointing out "And after you're done with that, you can take care of these exposed wires." Miguel and I both looked over at the wires, I glared at my dad's back as he walked off into his office while saying "That's gonna be a lot of work" I let out an annoyed sigh.

'Well, this should be fun.'

I was about to say something to Miguel, only to get cut off by said person "What does any of this have to do with karate, Sensei?" my dad walked back out of his office, drink in hand as the two of us continued to scrub the mats. "Do not question my methods." he opened the bottle as he continued "Just be thankful you're not a sumo wrestler." Miguel put his sponge down and started to get up, I looked up at him from the ground as my dad walked over to us.

"Those guys have to wipe their sensei's asses."

Dad flicked the bottle cap somewhere in the room, causing me and Miguel to look in that direction. I looked back over at my dad, sending him a glare while asking "Really?" he shrugged and responded with "What?" I was about to respond, only for Miguel to speak up, grabbing both of our attentions. "So, I, uh, see you were a karate champion, Sensei." Miguel leaned over, looking at all of my dad's trophies before turning around and walking back over. I put my sponge down and stood up.

"You don't have to call me 'Sensei' every time."

Miguel shook his head a bit before saying "I'm sorry Sensei" he shook his head again while looking up at my dad, now trying to fix his words "I, um... Sorry. I'm sorry." My dad gestured to his trophies while saying "I won a couple All Valley tournaments. Didn't lose a single point in my junior year." Miguel nodded his head, an impressed smile on his face. "All right! What happened in your senior year?" My dad quickly reverted the conversation, not wanting to talk about it.

I already knew the reason why as he said "This isn't 20 questions. Get back to scrubbing. The both of you." My dad gestured towards the mats in a pile as Miguel said a quiet "Yeah" and was was about to go back down to scrub the mats, when his phone went off, playing a song that both me and my dad had never heard before. "Where's that garbage coming from?" my dad looked over at me while asking "You hear that?" I nodded my head a bit before nodding my head over to Miguel.

"Relax dad, Miguel just got a phone call."

Miguel now held the phone up to his ear, quickly apologizing to my dad before talking to the person on the other end. "Yeah. Hey! Yeah, uh, debates running a little late. Uh, okay. Love you too." Miguel smiled as he hung up the phone.

"Don't tell me you got a girlfriend."

I was quick to hit my dad's arm hard as I sent him a glare he looked over at me a small smile on his face and asked "What? I'm just saying.." Miguel was quick to cut my dad off "That was my mom, actually. Um.." he let out a light chuckle before continuing "...I told her I joined the debate team 'cause she doesn't approve of violence. So.." my dad took another sip from his beer.

"Yeah, what about your dad? Is he okay with you getting your ass kicked up and down Reseda Boulevard?"

Miguel shook his head, his voice getting a bit uneasy "Oh, I never, uh, really knew my dad, so..." it was quiet between the three of us for a few seconds, only for my dad to speak up "All right, well, stop standing there. Get back to training." He then looked over at me while saying"The both of you." Miguel was quick to say "Okay, yeah, sorry. Okay." As he went back down to scrub the mats my dad continued.