02- ~ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖗𝖈𝖆𝖉𝖊 ~

The summer before Junior year, is when everything started to go down hill. When Miguel his mom, and his grandmother moved into the apartment next to my dad's.

It started off as a normal day, waking up to the sound of the TV playing. Dad always has the volume turned up a bit to loud, and the walls aren't really sound proof, so the sound goes right through it. Hell, you could have a whole damn conversation in a different room, and the other people could hear you clearly from the next room over.

Checking my phone for the time, I noticed that it was around 8:30. Letting out a sigh of annoyance, I looked up at the ceiling, debating wether or not to get out of bed. 'I'm not gonna be able to go back to sleep anyway...' I groaned in annoyance as I rubbed my eyes.

I sat up, throwing the covers off me, and slowly got up to do my daily routine. Changing out of my pajamas and slipped on my Guns'n Roses t-shirt, along with a pair of ripped shorts, some socks and a pair of black and white high tops. Fixing my hair before walking out to the bathroom to brush my teeth. (You can do whatever you want with your hair)

Once I was done in the bathroom, I walked out, only to see my dad sitting at the table eating some bologna with ketchup. "Hey dad" I said while going over to the kitchen to find something for me to eat. Lowering the volume a bit on the TV, he spoke"Hey (N/n). How'd you sleep?" I looked through the cabinet, only to find my favorite cereal, (f/c).

I shrugged while grabbing the box out of the cabinet "Fine. Don't you have work today?" My dad nodded his head as he got up from the table, bringing his now empty plate into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm about to leave now. Would you mind taking out the trash for me?"

I shook my head a bit as I grabbed myself a bowl, placing it on the counter. Dad placed his plate in the sink, already filled with dirty dishes and walked off to grab his tool box, keys and wallet.

"No, that's fine. I'll do it now and walk out with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I placed the trash down as my dad shut the door behind him"You got it?" He asked, sending me a concerned look, only for me to nod my head in response "Yeah, I'm fine" dad picked up his tool box and started to walk off as I followed close behind.

"Hey! I'm Miguel."

I looked back, only to see a boy, tan skin, black hair and looked to be around my age, walking close behind the two of us. I stopped in response, to hear what the boy had to say. My dad on the other hand, kept walking, completely ignoring him.

"My family and I just moved into 109"

Dad looked back only to realize that I stopped a ways behind him, as did Miguel. I went to say something, only for my dad to come over to the two of us while saying"Great. More immigrants." Before putting a hand on my back and pushing me forward a bit, to get the two of us away from the conversation.

"Actually, we're from Riverside."

Miguel corrected as he followed the two of us over to the trash "But anyways. I was just wondering if you were having trouble with your water pressure" Dad started to open the top of the dumpster as Miguel continued"Cause' I know our sink's being weird right now and..." my dad suddenly took the trash from me and threw it in there while Miguel trailed off trying to correct my dad, yet again.

"Oh, bottles go in the blue bins."

Dad slammed the top of the dumpster, turning towards Miguel as he said"Listen, Menudo, I've lived in this shithole for over ten years. The pipes don't work. The fountain's full of piss. The only good thing about here is that I don't have to talk to anybody, except for my daughter. So, nice knowing ya." Dad was quick to pick up his tool box while saying"(Y/n), get inside." Finishing his little rant to Miguel, and walked off to his car.