18- ~ 𝕬𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖆 ~

The next day, my dad wore punching mitts as Miguel hit the mitts with his fist. "What's the second rule of the Way of the Fist?" Miguel looked at the wall with the words on it. Pausing from his punching to answer "Strike hard." Miguel did a 180 bringing his leg up for a kick, only for my dad to back up.

"That's right."

Miguel continued to punch and elbow the pads as my dad continued "There's only one reason to hit someone." Miguel punched some more "To inflict pain." My dad stated and I spoke up, bouncing off what my dad said.

"Striking hard is about giving your all"

Miguel hit the mitts some more only for my dad's eyes to turn towards the door. "What the hell?" Miguel and I both heard the doorbell ring as we turned towards the door, only to see Aisha walking through the door. "No yoga till five. No matter how bad you need it." Aisha walked inside, stopping just before the floor mats.

"Um, I'm actually here for karate. I saw your website. It said that there's supposed to be a session today."

My dad nodded his head before stating "I appreciate you coming in, but there are no girls in Cobra- " I cut my dad off by rolling my eyes and sweeping my leg under him, causing him to fall back. I turned to Aisha and sent her a smile while stating "I'm sorry for my idiot of a father." Glaring down at him he sent me an annoyed look in return.

Looking back at Aisha I was quick to say "Please take off your shoes" I gestured to the mat and continued "And step onto the mat." My dad stood up and took off his mitts, tossing them somewhere off to the side. My dad let out an annoyed sigh as he looked from Aisha, then to me. I stepped to the side and nodded my head to her, a serious look on my face.

Looking back at Aisha he stated "Alright, I've decided to allow female students. But if you wanna be in Cobra Kai, you can't act like a girl." Miguel and I both looked at each other before rolling our eyes at my dad's behavior. "What do you mean? How do girls act?" Aisha asked, only for my dad to respond with "Don't give me that, you know, all emotional, loud, complain-y. Never letting you finish a sentence." I huffed in anger, crossing my arms a crossed my chest.

'Oh I'm gonna kick his ass.'

Aisha responded to my dad "Well, I know a few guys who act just-" my dad cut her off by yelling "Quiet!" I rolled my eyes and stepped forward "We know you're being harassed at school" I pointed to me and Miguel I stepped back as my dad started slowly pacing in front of her. "Well, Yeah. Mostly online." She started explaining to my dad "Um, I get mean texts and e-mails sent to me. Makes me not wanna go." There was a small silent gap before my dad asked "And who sends you these messages?" Aisha furrowed her brows.

"Well, they're mostly anonymous. These kids create fake accounts, and they tell me things like I'm ugly and that I should kill myself."

My dad stopped in front of her "Oh my god." He stated before shaking his head "what a bunch of pussies!" I rolled my eyes a small smirk on my face 'Here we go again.' I thought shaking my head a little as my dad went on his little tangent.

My dad started to pace back and fourth again "Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone, you did it to their face. There was honor, respect. These geeks hiding behind their computers, what a bunch of spineless losers. You're not afraid of these losers, are you?" My dad stopped in front of Aisha as she stated "No." My dad then asked "Are you gonna take shit from these losers?" Aisha again, responded with "No." My dad nodded his head.

"Good, because when I'm done with you, you're gonna be sending a message back. Only it's not gonna be with your keyboard. It's gonna be with your fists."

My dad raised up his fists in a fighting stance for emphasis. Aisha smiled in response, as the four of us got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aisha, who's glasses were now off, stood across from Miguel on the mat as me and my dad stood over to the side of them. "Okay, let's see what you got, Ms. Robinson. Face me. Bow." The two of them turned towards my dad and bowed.

I was originally going to go against Aisha, but she insisted on going against Miguel. "Face each other. Bow." The two of them faced one another and bowed. My dad then spoke up "Mr.Diaz, show her everything you've learned." Miguel looked over at my dad confused "Wait, wait. I don't think this is right, sensei." My dad countered with "You don't think what's right?" Miguel looked over at me, before looking back at my dad.

"She's a girl. I'm not gonna..."

I scoffed in disbelief before jumping in there conversation"And? I'm a girl. You fight me all the time." Miguel nodded his head a little while giving a small shrug of his shoulders "Well, yeah. But that's different. You're fully trained and experienced. She's.." Miguel gestures towards Aisha before continuing "Not." I rolled my eyes and was about to respond, only for Aisha to speak before me.

"I just wanna remind everyone this is my first day"

My dad turned his attention to Aisha before stating "Your enemies don't care what day it is. They prey on weakness. If you wanna beat them, you gotta conquer your fears and jump face-first into the fire." There was a small pause that my dad took before asking "Are you ready, Ms. Robinson?" Aisha looked over at Miguel before stating "I guess" my dad then turned his head towards Miguel.

"Mr.Diaz."

My dad spoke as the two of them looked at each other worriedly Miguel shook his head as if saying 'no'. My dad held his hand out in between the two of them before quickly lifting it up "Fight!" Neither of them moved.

It was silent for a minute as both me and my father looked between them "Well don't just stand there." My dad spoke pointing at the two of them "Fight!" Miguel slowly got into a fighting stance, sending Aisha a worried look before stating "I'm sorry." He then quickly brought his front foot up and kicked Aisha in the stomach, sending her flying back towards the ground.

Miguel, the ever so caring, said "Oh my god! Aisha, are you okay?" All while making his way over to her "I'm so sorry" he repeated she sat up a little as he continued with "Come on." Lending out a hand to help her up. She suddenly charged at Miguel letting out a yell as she brought him down on his back. She then jumped on him, kneeing Miguel in the chest causing me to cringe as if I could feel his pain. My dad said "Ooo" as Miguel groaned in pain, Aisha got off him and stepped back.

"My ribs..."

Miguel stated before grabbing his ribs in pain "Girls a natural cobra." My dad stated as I lifted my hand up to Aisha, a small smile on my face "Way to go newbie" she glanced over at me, as a smile quickly appeared on her face, he hand was quick to collide with mine, sealing the high-five. I gripped her hand a little and slightly shook it, letting out a small laugh as I looked back down at Miguel.

"This is wrong! You can't do this!"

The yelling of my boss was quick to grab our attention, as I let go of Aisha's hand "Well, I am landlord." I heard a new voice I've never heard before say. My eyes stayed trained on the door, only for my dad to grab my attention "All right. Students, wait here. (Y/n) you're in charge." I looked at my dad in slight surprise and was about to respond, only for him to already be out the door, the conversation from my boss and the landlord still being heard.

"You are tenant. I am landlord."

"This is bullshit! This is wrong!"

Aisha went over and helped Miguel up my attention was trained on the front door as a thought passed through my head. 'From the sound of that conversation, it seems like I'm gonna need a new job after today.' Miguel was quick to grab my attention "(Y/n)?" My head was quick to turn towards him and Aisha.

I cleared my throat a little, noticing that Miguel was still gripping his side. "Miguel, you can sit off to the side, while I teach Aisha the basics." Miguel nodded his head a little, moving off to the side, as I got into a fighting stance in front of Aisha.

"Now..."

Aisha noticed my stance and copied it to the best of her ability.

"Let's begin."