10- ~ 𝕴'𝖛𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖆 𝖇𝖆𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 ~

"You can't strike first if you don't know how to strike."

Me and my dad stood in front of the training dummy as Miguel stood next to us watching my dad explain. "The cobra strike is composed of two parts" he moved closer to the dummy in a ready position. "The lunge, which requires the use of the whole body" my dad stuck his fist out, hitting the face of the dummy.

"And the bite, which is everything that happens after you make contact, All right?"

He took his fist away before placing it back on the dummy, Miguel nodded his head as if saying the he understood. "You don't stop here where the knuckle hits the bone." My dad's fist pushed more on the dummy's face, causing it to lean back a bit. "You punch through the bone" he brought his fist back "like the guy you wanna hit is standing behind this asshole." He pointed behind the punching dummy before looking back at Miguel.

"All right?"

My dad looked over at me "(Y/n), show him how it's done." He said, before stepping aside letting me get in front of the punching dummy. I nodded my head a bit, getting in a ready stance in front of the dummy. Exhaling to calm myself, I pictured Yasmine standing behind the dummy, as I let my fist fly, I let out a yell once it came in contact with the dummy's face.

I looked back over at my dad, only for him to nod his head, causing me to walk back over next to Miguel. My dad took back over as he stood in front of the dummy, his fist outstretched against the dummy's nose "Strike here, you bloody his nose" he brought his fist back, and outstretched the other to go against the dummy's mouth. "Strike here, you break his teeth." He quickly brought the fist back, turning it into an open palm, as he wrapped it around the dummy's neck.

"Strike here, you could severely damage his trachea."

I raised a brow at my dad, only for him to put his arms down and look over at the two of us. "Obviously, that's only for extreme situations. All right" he grabbed Miguel's arm, to drag him in front of the dummy.

"Line up."

Miguel responded with "Okay." As he brought his hands up in a ready position. "Focus. I want you to practice." My dad's phone started to ring and he looked towards me "Watch him." He pointed from me to Miguel as I nodded my head "yes, Sensei" my dad then walked off to pick up his phone.

"Keep practicing. Punch through the dummy."

My dad said to Miguel before answering the buzzing phone. I watched Miguel hit the dummy with his fists, his thumbs sticking of them.

"Hello?"

I shook my head at Miguel taking his hands away from the dummy.

"Yes."

I showed him how to make a proper closed fist with his hands. "You don't want your thumb to stick out like that cause it can break." He nodded his head before mimicking my closed fist, only difference was that his thumb was tucked around his fist.

"Uh, yeah, I'm his father, but you're supposed to call his mom."

What my dad said caught my attention, as I now realized that Robby must be in trouble again. 'Shit did they call me already?' Robbie managed to break into the school records and replace my number for my moms, because he knows that I'd help him get away with it. Plus, mom never would answer and if she doesn't answer then they call dad, and I'd rather keep Robbie off his radar.

I showed Miguel a proper closed fist again before saying "No, you don't put your thumbs on the inside, because you could dislocate or sprain them that way. Thumbs stay on the outside" I grabbed his hands, fixing the fists for him. "Like that." I crossed my arms a crossed my chest before nodding my head towards the punching dummy.

"Now give it a punch" I said, causing Miguel to start punching the dummy in the face. All though his hits were weak, it was a start.

"Right, big surprise. All right. What'd he do this time?"

I watched Miguel, all while keeping an ear open to listen to whatever Robby did. I shook my head a bit at Miguel and got into a stance to show him how to hit a bit harder, "Make a tight fist and just let out everything you got into the punch." I sent a punch towards the face of the dummy, letting out a yell. This caused my dad to look over his shoulder, but was quick to look back in front of him, focusing on the conversation with the principal.

"Who...Who's Molly? Is that some chick he's hooking up with?"

I stepped to the side, to let Miguel try it, his punches getting stronger as his hits progressed, but right now my dad had my full attention as soon as he asked who Molly was, but I already knew.

'Damn it Robby. Again?'

"All right, put my kid on the phone."

Miguel seemed to pause to look at my dad as his voice grew a bit louder. "Robby, what the hell? You're doing drugs? You wanna flush your life down the toilet?" I punched Miguel in the shoulder to grab his attention, causing him to exclaim "ow!" And grab his shoulder, while sending me a glare. I gave him a blank look while nodding my head towards the dummy. "Focus on hitting the dummy. Never mind my dad's phone call." He nodded his head before turning back towards the dummy and punching it again. I let out a sigh as my eyes drifted back over to my dad who ended the phone call.

"Yeah, good luck with that."

(There was a part right after this where he yells at Miguel for doing it wrong but ummm you taught him how to do it right so the author decided to skip the insults)

My dad turned around coming back over to the two of us as he stood next to me critiquing Miguel some more as he said "Plant your feet. Look your enemy in the eyes." He suddenly yelled "And punch him in the face!" Miguel did what he was told and planted his feet, all while staring at the dummy.

"Picture your enemy."

Miguel stared at the dummy's face for a few seconds before my dad asked "All right, you have a picture in your mind?" Miguel nodded his head "What are you gonna do?" Miguel punched the dummy's face while letting out a yell.

"Again!"

Miguel did it again my dad asked "Are you a loser?" Miguel yelled "No, Sensei!" Before punching the dummy's face again. "Again!" My dad yelled as I watched Miguel continuously punch the dummy's face in anger.

Looking from my dad who stared at Miguel, a determined look on his face. To Miguel who seemed like he wasn't going to stop punching the dummy anytime soon, as if this would help the amount of rage he feels towards this person. A bad feeling settled at the pit of my stomach, like something was going to happen if this continued. Not now, but later on in the future.

'I've got a bad feeling about all this...'

Of course, it wasn't until later on that my bad feeling turned out to be true. That this whole dojo, was a bad idea from the very start.