Chapter 12

"What ?" I was shocked to hear something like that from his mouth. I tried to control myself but I could not and started laughing uncontrollably. he squinted his eyes at me and if looks could kill I am sure I would have been six feet under by now. Finally, I caught my breath and stood up straight and looked at him and asked him, "you are kidding right? because no way you could say such a thing to your employee because any personal relations at the office is forbidden." 

He simply stood there with his hands folded in front of him and I must say that he looked hot. Wait, what am I even thinking? he is my boss for god"s sake. I must keep my mind out of the ditch. but I can"t really deny the fact he was one hot specimen of a man I have ever seen. my eyes finally went to his face after ogling him to find him smirking at me.

"Like what you see, Arunima?" he said while still smirking at me. I knew he caught me checking him out and there was no point in denying me. So, I just glared at me. he just chuckled at me. "I am definitely not kidding you. You are going to marry me."

"Then you are more of a delusional than I thought you to be."

"Mind your tone, Miss Arunima. I would not like you to be talking to me in that tone again," he said in a commanding tone and that tone sent a shiver down my spine and not in a bad way which even surprised me. he started taking small steps towards me again and this time I was forced to move backward.

"And I would not like to get married to you." Something changed in his eyes and he suddenly grabbed me by my arm and pinned me to the nearest wall. This sudden movement made me gasp. He now stood very close to me with both his hands on the wall beside my head. I could feel the tension between us. He leaned in and I have to lean backward so that there was still a little gap between us.

He looked straight into my eyes and said," you are denying now but soon you are going to agree to this on your own."

"What do you mean? I am never going to agree with this absurd idea." I tried to push him away but he was standing like a wall, a very hot wall. What kind of workout did he do? I was quite fit but even I could not move him from his place. I was getting irritated now and he must have noticed it so he moved away on his own creating a distance but pulled me by my hand and made me sit on the couch." I am not your slave that you are behaving like this with me. and also forget about me getting married to you, Xavier. I will take my leave now." stood up and started walking towards the door. 

"Do you know who is the biggest investor of your Uncle's company?"I stopped and turned towards him.

"What does my uncle has anything to do with this, Mr. Knight.?

"It's everything because I am the biggest investor in your uncle's company and if I take away my investments the company might just breakdown." He smiled at me as if he had not just threatened me and my family. He does not know that I will do anything to protect my family from everything even if I had to kill him which was nothing new to me.

With an act of newfound courage, I marched towards him and I don't know what came over me that I just slapped him hard or so I thought. He did expect it seems because he was not shocked at my outburst instead he jerked me towards himself with my outstretched hand flipped me on the couch and positioned his body above mine. if anyone would have entered the cabin right now they would have thought that we had something going on between us. I started hitting him and tried to push him but he pinned both my hands above my head iI so that now I was fully trapped. I still tried to free myself but after a few attempts I gave up.

" Are you ready to done now?", he asked. I knew I had no answer to that so I just glared at him. he ignored my glare and continued," Now listen, I don't have any personal hard feelings for you but I need you to do this for me and if you don't I am afraid that your might have to suffer for you."

"This is blackmailing .and don't you dare threaten my family, Xavier. it won't end up good for you. And for the final time, I am telling you that I am not going to marry you." I sneered back.

"and I am saying that you will marry me because if you don't then not only your uncle's company is going to suffer but also your sister. " hearing him I was confused as well as angry as hell. I tried to hit him again but his grip on my hand strengthened and I winced but he did not release my hand." Now listen to me very carefully. the person your sister is marrying is like my younger brother and if I object to this marriage there is a high chance that he might blackout for this marriage and from what I know about you you would not want anything like that to happen to your sister, right?" 

"I don't believe you. Advay won't do anything like that to my sister on the basis of what you to your family says." He can't do that. But what if he does? Simran will be devastated and I can't let that happen at any cost.

"You want proof? then that is exactly what I will show you." he took out his mobile and called someone and then pull the call on speaker.

a very familiar voice spoke from the other side, "hey bro." It was Advay.

"Hey man, I just talked to mom and she is hell-bent on getting me married and that too before you. And she says that if I don't get married she would not let you get married first. You know how her mind works." Xavier continued to talk to him while maintaining eye contact with me.

"Don't worry about me, man. And don't worry, if you won't get married I will be right along with you as a bachelor." he laughed. I knew it was a joke but I also knew that it could possibly happen. If this marriage will be canceled Simiran and everyone else in the family will be broken and I don't want my family to be broken. I won't let anyone hurt my family. I would do anything to protect them and their happiness and if it means that I would have to get married so will I. I was so engrossed in my thought that I didn't notice that he had ended the call and was now looking at me as if he could read every thought inside my head.

"So what is your answer now, Arunima? Will you marry me?" he asked me as if I had a choice.

"Yes. I will marry you. But you would not do anything to hurt my family otherwise it would not end up good for you." I said. A genuine smile spread across his face. He took a box outside and opened it in front of me. There lied the most beautiful ring I have ever seen, simple yet elegant just as I liked. But it would have been perfect if all of this would have been real. He took my hand and knelt down in front of my chair and slid the ring on my finger. tears welled up in my eye but I did not let them fall.

"It's a deal then." he looked at me.

I looked at the ring on my finger and then at him and gave him a weak smile," It's a deal." It truly was a deal where I signed away my life for my family's happiness.

" It truly was a deal where I signed away my life for my family's happiness

Arunima's ring.

************************************

Another update guys.

Hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

This is the first time I am writing a little intimate scenes so please give your feedback on how I did.It will really be very helpful.

There may be a few slow updates for few upcoming chapters as my semester exams are coming up. So please be patient with me and continue to support me and my work.

Thank you all. Enjoy!