Chapter 8

What the hell? Who the hell does he think he is? All these thoughts were going inside my mind but I controlled my anger  because it is not the right time to get angry. I need this job so that I can reach Marcus.

I took a long breath and said," I was not flirting Mr. Knight. If you would recall they were the one who complimented me. And since you are just my boss I don't think its your right to tell me what to do and whom to talk to."

There was a swirl of emotions in his eyes but they were gone as soon as they came and a smirk formed on his face. He started coming towards me with slow calculating steps as if I were his prey. For each step he took forward I took a step backward.
Where was all of my confidence? I never backed from a man.
But he was not any man .He was the most beautiful man I have seen. His eyes never left mine. It seemed as if he could see into the depth of my soul.I was so lost in my thought that I did not notice that he has cornered me into a wall .

We stared into each others eyes. The tension between us was very thick and I think that he could feel it too. There was aura of dominance around him to which I suprisingly wanted to submit to.

What the hell? What was I thinking? He is my boss . I can't be thinking like this about my boss .

He lowered his face and whispered in my ear," Don't be so sure of yourself Arunima. I may not only  be your boss   soon." His words and his close proximity made a shiver run down my spine which I was very sure he noticed. He smirked at me and stepped. I released a long breath which I did not know that I was holding. He went and sat back on his chair.

"I would like you to bring me a black coffee with no sugar. Then arrange all my files alphabatically. Get the guest list for the charity event from HR department. You can go to your cabin now." He dismissed me.

I immediately went out of his cabin.
"What an asshole." I muttered.Its going to be hard to work here. I didn't know how long my patience will be with me to tolerate his insolent behaviour. "O god help me."

I went to the coffee room and made his coffee. After five minutes I entered with  his coffee and what I saw really made me wanna throw up. He was sucking face with a fake bimbo and may I add with a very short dress. I cleared my throat " Here is your coffee sir." I said while placing his coffee.

"Try not to disturb me when I am busy Ms Bhattacharya." He said very rudely. I just nodded and left his office. I was very angry that he talked to me like that. I marched towards my office in anger but as soon as I opened the door to my office all my anger vanished . The office was so beautiful. It had a garden view which I  prefer over the city view .

After admiring my cabin I started doing my work which was really hard as  almost everything was misplaced

After admiring my cabin I started doing my work which was really hard as  almost everything was misplaced. I wonder what his previously used to do. Probably whatever that bimbo was doing. Well the rest of my day went by completing the work which clearly the pevious PAs did not do with ocassional rude comments from my dear boss.

Finally it was time to go for home. I was packing my stuff when my phone rang. The call ID showed Josh's name so I picked up the call.

"You need to come to the HQ fast. We have got information from inside that Marcus' men are going to attack Xavier's men on the east border."

"Okay. Ask team A and B to be ready with everything . I am within half hour. Love you . Bye."

"Love you too and drive safe while coming here. We are waiting. Bye." Josh cut the call.

I put the phone in my purse and turned to leave when I halted. My eyes widened because Xavier Knight was standing at the door with arms crossed and eyes narrowed at me.

Shit.

************************************
HAPPY DIWALI GUYS.

Here is a diwali gift guys. Another updates.....

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

And please vote and comment on this chapter.

Enjoy your diwali guys. May your life be filled with lights and happiness.