Chapter four: rethinking

"Is this really what you think will help?" Asked Sarah .
Lizzy stayed silent .
"Then why are you running away?" She asked .
"Because it's what I have to do." lizzy responded . And started walking away more .
"You need to think about this more."
"No I don't."
"OK then what's your plan?"
"Find clues and figure out who attacked us then kill them all."
"So you're a detective now huh? And how are you gonna kill them all by yourself ? You saw how powerful they are."
"It can't be that hard. I will be sneaky."
"Well that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And all of the clues are here so if you ran away then you would be running away from the clues." Sarah objected .
"So what you're trying to say is that I'm being stupid and I should stay?"
"Yes."
Lizzy sighed . "Well tell me Sarah , do you have a better plan?"
"Well ... no."
"Then I'm going !"
"Please don't . It's so dangerous , it's practically suiside."
"No I have read about wilderness survival."
"But you're not a trained professional."
"This is getting annoying." Lizzy sighed .
"I will stop annoying you if you stay."
"And you will stop annoying me if I leave."
"No I will follow you."
"No you won't especially not in your pj's."
"Yes I will"
"Whatever"
Lizzy started walking away and Sarah followed and continued being annoying.
"SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!" Lizzy hollerd .
"NO!" Sarah hollerd back .
"PLEASE?!" Pleaded lizzy .
"NO." Sarah said .
"Fine I'll go back." Said lizzy
"NO!" Said Sarah .
"YES I MEAN YES COME BACK." Sarah corrected herself .
"On one condition ...."
"What's the condition ?"
"Stop annoying me and make me pancakes for breakfast."
"Deal" they went home and went back to sleep.
The next morning runing away was still on lizzy's mind . It the past few days have been rough , but the pancakes made her feel a bit better .
"Fanks fur dha fhanhakes harah" lizzy said to Sarah with a mouth full of pancakes .
"No problem. I mean I think no problem I'm not a hundred percent sure of what you said" said Sarah .
"I hed hanks fuf da phankaks." Said lizzy
Sarah just made a puzzled face .
Lizzy laughed and some pancakes fell out of her mouth .
"Ewwwww" Sarah said
Lizzy stabbed the pancake bit that fell out of her mouth with a fork and ate it.
"That's nasty." Sarah scrunched up her noze .
lizzy opened her mouth so Sarah could see the chewed up food .
"I'm otta here." Sarah said .
"Faf fum!" Lizzy exclaimed .
"K" Sarah responded
After breakfast lizzy went and observed the damage . She only found a small clues . There was just a splotch of battle paint on a burnt wooden board that she had found . There was also a faint odor in the air but she didn't know what it was that she smelled . She also found a few strange symbols carved into the wood but she had no idea what they meant. She decided to consult the elders of the pack to see if they knew what the strange smell and symbols were .
"Hello wise elders I have come to seek your assistance"
"Don't call me wise it makes me feel old!" One of the elders said . And shook her cane at lizzy .
"Sorry.." lizzy said .
"Sorry about her." said a different elder . "she tends to be a bit sassy."
"I'm not sassy I just have a big personality !" Said the first elder .
"It's not a bad thing to be sassy ." Said liz.
"Oh so now you're taking sides!" The elder said "young people." She mumbled and shook her head .
"Young lady may I ask you your name?" Asked the second elder .
"I'm lizzy but you can call me liz. What's yours ?"
"I am Jacob." He said .
"Hello Jacob." Lizzy said kindly .
"What may I assist you with lizzy?"
"Well you see I was observing the scene of the attack but I came across some strange symbols and a strange smell ."
"I see." said the elder "go on."
"I was wondering if you would recognize them."
"May I see the evidence?"
"Yes you may." lizzy took out some drawings of the symbols and a pice of material that she found with the strange scent on it.
"These symbols...hmm...they are familiar yes but I don't remember from when or where I have seen them."
"Well of course you don't remember you have the memory of a rock." The second elder butted in .
"Liza please stop . I'm trying to help this girl."
"You wouldn't possibly perfer her over your own wife would you?"
"Maybe." Jacob said
"You old bastard!" The old lady whose name was apparently Liza said.
"Anyway" Jacob said "where were we?"
"You were saying that the symbols were familiar."
"Oh yes . I remember now."
Lizzy was starting to agree with Liza about Jacob's memory .
"Let's move on to the strange smell. May I please smell the cloth ?" Lizzy handed it to him.
"I've never smelled this before." Jacob said .
"Well then I guess I'll be going then."
"Alright have a nice day." Said Jacob .
"Thanks you to ." Said lizzy and she left to go home.

Wow that was a long chapter (Well for me it was) ! Sorry for not updating in soooooooooo long I feel a bit bad . I will try to update every week from now on . And thanks to moonkissedgirl for making the awesome new cover ! If you need a graphic then I would definitely recommend her .

-alpha