Chapter 2

A/N

Reem Abdullah as Fatima bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as himself

Omniscient's Pov

*****May 12th, 2016

On the second day of their 3 days wedding, Zara and her female friends and family members will have intricate henna patterns drawn on their hands and feet. That evening, the sangeet takes place. Every wedding guest was invited, and it involves an introduction of the couple's families, mingling, a meal, and dances or other performances.

On the third day, the main ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception took place.

*
*

Mohammed arrived at the ceremony on a decorated white horse. Guests dance around him to the beat of a dhol, an Indian drum. After that, Zara and her family greet the groom, and the couples exchange floral garlands to wear around their necks to symbolize their acceptance of each other.

For the ceremony, the priest, Mohammed, Zara, and her parents sit beneath a mandap, a canopy similar to a Jewish chuppah. The ceremony starts with the Kanya daan, in which Zara's parents give her away. Then the couple joins hands and circles around a small, enclosed fire (the Agni) in a ritual called the mangal.

Then the couples take the saptapadi, or seven steps, as they vow to support each other and live happily together. Finally, Mohammed applies a red powder to the center of Zara's forehead and ties a black beaded necklace around her neck, symbolizing she's now a married woman.

Zara's Pov

****Riydal, Saudi Arabia

******At Mohammed's palace

**Upon my arrival in Saudi Arabia

*
*
Upon my arrival in Saudi Arabia. I was
introduced to the rest of the Al Saud royal family and Mohammed's small children and his first wife. Mohammed told his first wife to show me to my living quarters.