35. Lace

L A C E Y O U R F I N G E R S I N M I N E

*

"Christian! It's nice to see you, come in," Erik grinned genuinely, welcoming me into their home without hesitation, "Brandy's just in the shower, she should be out any minute."

I nodded to him respectfully, unsure of what to do or say without Brandy's presence, "Thank you, sir."

"Erik, thanks," he corrected with a kind smile, returning to the dining table to take a seat in front of a book and some coffee.

I cleared my throat, trying to keep myself from saying or doing something awkward, "Right. Sorry."

"Probably used to it, huh?" He stated offhandedly, sipping his coffee as he continued to read his book.

Erik was a funny man. He seemed like the type of dad who would whip out a shotgun if a man was around his precious daughters, but he was so relaxed around me. With his reading glasses perched on his nose, and Henri Charrière's Papillon in his massive hands, I had no fear of getting gunned down for looking at Brandy, unlike I did when I first met him.

"Excuse me?"

He raised an eyebrow in return as he met my eyes, "Calling your friend's dad's 'sir'."

I rubbed the back of my neck with a shrug of my shoulder, "To be completely honest, no."

"Girlfriend's dad?"

"I haven't got a girlfriend, si- Erik."

The man nodded his head in understanding before humming in thought, "Surprising."

"I-"

"Dad, are you freaking the poor kid out?" Brandy's voice was a solace in the strange conversation that was going to be continued without an interruption. Her hair was down in a damp braid, her skin glowing from the shower.

"Oui," He threw over to his daughter with an evil grin as Brandy rolled her eyes, grabbing my hand and pulling me to her room down the corridor.

As soon as she closed the door, she blew out a heavy breath, an apologetic look in her eyes, "Sorry, about that, I was just-"

I took a seat on her bed, taking a firm hold of her hands, "Don't worry about it. Okay?"

She nodded in agreement, "Sure," she grinned, turning on her music as she always did when we were in her room.

'talk dirty,

you got your hand in my jeans,

you're perfect,

and everything in between.′

Brandy blew out a heavy breath as she fanned her face, "It's so much warmer than I thought it was," she laughed awkwardly, beginning to pull off her hoodie.