29. Is

I S T H I S J E A L O U S Y ?

*

"You know, huffing and puffing to blow the little pig's house down isn't going to make me stop being friends with you."

"You make everything so dramatic."

The corners of her eyes crinkled as she let out a playful laugh, "No, you do. That's my point. You get all pouty when you have to do anything that isn't just complaining."

"I don't get pouty."

"You absolutely do!" She opened the door to her house, taking off her jacket and placing it by a table, running a hand through her hair, "What movies do you want to watch?"

"Die Hard."

She narrowed her eyes at me, flicking my nose. I was so shocked by the action that I was almost frozen in my place.

"Did you just flick me on the nose like a fucking misbehaving dog?"

"Yes, I did." She grinned, taking my hand and walking us into the kitchen, "Hey, Jack Frost," Brandy greeted, completely unfazed by the tattoo covered boy that had made himself at home with a bowl of cereal, "What're you doing here?"

I fucking recognised him. The boy with the white hair who picked her up ages ago. By the way she was with me, he couldn't have been her boyfriend. But he was a boy who was a friend who knew her better than I did.

I clenched the fist Brandy's fingers weren't laced between as he spoke.

"I know, I should have texted, but," He held up his phone, "no credit."

She waved her hand dismissively, "It's fine, we were just gonna watch some movies."

The fucker looked at both of us suggestively, "Ooh, I'll stay out of your way then."

Brandy rolled her eyes, letting go of my hand as she folded her arms, "One, you're a fucking pervert, and two, that was an invitation," Her eyes softened as she met my gaze, "Is that okay?"

I couldn't say no to her, but I couldn't speak a yes, so I only nodded.

"God, I forgot I haven't introduced you two. Christian, this is Pierre. Pierre, this is Christian," I took his outstretched hand, shaking it in a much different nature to how I had shook her father's hand. It was less friendly, more firm and cold.

Pierre raised an eyebrow, "Oh, this is Christian?"

Brandy's cheeks flushed, "Yes, and shut up."

"I'm not sure whether I should be offended or not," I mumbled, making Brandy laugh softly.

Pierre shook his head, "No. Absolutely not, you're right."

I didn't want to reply, but knew his words required some sort of communication. "Mm" was the best I could do.

"Were gonna go choose the movies, could you make some popcorn Frosty?"