46. Morning

M O R N I N G C O F F E E

*

I held open the door for her, a gracious smile gracing her lips with a soft hum of a 'thank you'. We ordered our drinks, and waited to be served as we sat in a corner booth discussing the vast change in weather between breakfast and lunch.

Her eyes lip up as she was given her hot caramel latte, holding onto the cup tightly to warm up her hands further.

Her smile was so soft, a gentle tug at the side of her lips which showed happiness that could light up the dark side of the moon with one flash.

Her eyes slipped shut as she took in the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee and caramel that could never find itself as sweet as her. It couldn't compare to the colour of her. Nothing could be as enigmatic as the golden girl who cared for anything and everything with all her heart.

A heart that beat so strongly inside her. A heart that drove her to be stronger than anyone I had ever met in my whole life.

Her cheeks blushed further as she lifted the cup to her lips, sipping at the drink with a soft sigh of content.

I couldn't imagine how she could be smiling all the time, so content with the world she lived in. Maybe the reason for the smile on her face was the fact that she knew that she was so damn beautiful.

"Why are you staring at me?" I blinked back into reality, meeting Brandy's warm hazel eyes looking curiously back at me.

"I-" I cleared my throat, staring down at my own drink sheepishly. I couldn't think of any excuse, mumbling into my drink as I took a sip, "I don't know."

She laughed softly, a gentle hum that sounded like soft wind in the summer, "You're weird."

"You think?"

Another alternate smile reached the brunettes soft pink lips, "It's not a bad thing. I happen to quite enjoy weird."

"And why would that be?"

"Because being regular gets old so much faster."

What a statement. If there was something that could encompass the enigmas take on life more, I wasn't sure what it was.

"Thank you for coming to get coffee with me," Brandy mumbled, her eyes peeking up to mine through her lashes. Golden rims clashed with her pink tinted cheeks, her embarrassment of the statement only making me fall even harder for her.

I cleared out the words 'I love you' from my throat, giving her a small smile that was only reserved for her viewing, "No problem, you don't have to say thank you."

"I like to, though." she reached out her hand to mine, holding it gently as I rubbed my thumb over her knuckles, "Just a habit, or thing I like to do. You're choosing to be in my life and I'm thankful for that, so I say thank you when you come places with me. You make my life less lonely."