50. Turning

T U R N I N G H E A D S

*

Nervousness wracked through my body as I knocked on her door. I took a deep breath to calm myself, before hearing loud French words shared inside.

I couldn't help but to smile as I heard her laughing.

"Non, Dad, pas de photos! Maya stop- Mum, no! I'm opening the door now!"

When Brandy opened the door, I felt my breath be knocked out of me. Her dress was a deep burgundy, complimenting her darker skin tone. Her dress dipped down in a v to reveal part of her bust and remained tight around her waist, complementing her figure.

"Hi," She whispered, softly biting her lip as she held back a wider smile.

"You look gorgeous," I mumbled, involuntarily taking her hand, lacing my fingers in hers.

"It's not too much?" the brunette let out a soft hum of a laugh, running her fingers down her dress.

"I don't think I've liked this colour more," I whispered, my eyes trailing down the fabric.

When I lifted my head back up and met her eyes, I noticed a feint blush dusting her cheeks, "Thank you. You look incredible in that suit," She smiled, her hand tracing down the buttons of my jacket.

I smirked in reply, pulling down the side of the black jacket to reveal the vest I had underneath. Brandy's jaw dropped at the sight, a small tilt in her lips as she realised that I remembered the time she had told me that suit vests made her 'need Jesus'.

"That's so hot, oh my god," her voice was barely a whisper, a note to herself like she forgot i was even attached to the dressing, as she brushed her fingers over the pinstriped fabric.

Just as I was to reply to Brandy's words, her family appeared behind her, a strange silence echoing through the front porch.

It was Erik who spoke first, his boisterous tone echoing in the driveway, "So Christian -"

"Oh mon dieu," Brandy muttered under her breath, an evident irritability in her voice.

"- our dearest Brandy here, like an absolute little primadonna, said that the only way we would be allowed to get photos of her would be if you would take them too."

The golden eyed girl was glaring at the man she shared so many featured with, as he merely grinned back to her, awaiting my response eagerly.

A smirk tilted the corner of my lips as I side-eyed Brandy, "Oh yeah?"

She pouted as she discovered my malicious intent, gripping my arm hopefully, "I beg of you. Don't do it. Think of all we've been through."

"She said there was a low possibility but we-"