Eleven

Angelica

I walked inside to see Ricky sitting on the couch with Jayden next to him. "Gigi!" Jayden said hopping off the couch running towards me. "Hey, little man," I said picking him up. "Why aren't you sleep?" I asked him. He tried to hide his smile in my neck. "I missed you." He mumbled. I giggled gently rubbing his back. "Go wait for me upstairs," I told him before sitting him back on the ground. He nodded his head and ran upstairs.

"Where were you?" Ricky asked. I turned to look at him. "Out." Was all I said. He sighed. "I thought we told you to end things with them." He said. "I understand that my relationship is different and that you don't like them," I said. "Angie—" "You're my big brother and your opinion is very important to me, so if you can give me a valid reason why you don't like them I'll end things with them. Just give me a good reason." I said. He looked at me silently.

"I don't like the idea of my little sister running around with two men—two brothers. People are talking. They're going to say things about you. Your reputation—," "My reputation? Give me a break. As my big brother, you're supposed to set them straight. You're supposed to have my back." I said.

"You told them to mind their own goddamn business. You're supposed to defend me." I said. "I did, but—" He paused with a sigh. "But what?" I asked. He stood silent for a moment. "They made some valid points." He finally said. I took a step back as I looked at him. "Valid points?" I questioned in disbelief. "I'd expect that from James but you—you're supposed to be the reasonable one." I snapped.

"I do have your back, but you're fucking two niggas. What did you expect?" He asked. "I'd expect my brother to accept that I am an adult and I can make my own decisions," I said. "Angie I understand that you're an adult, but like you said I am your big brother. I'm older than you, I know more than you. I want the best for you and I don't think either of them are that." He said. "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I like spending time with them and I'm going to continue to do so," I told him before I turned and headed upstairs.

Ricky

I rubbed my tired eyes as I walked into my room. "You okay baby?" Kassi asked. "Why is Angie so damn stubborn?" I questioned as I sat down. "I'm almost positive she got it from you and James," Kassie said as she came up behind me. "I'm not stubborn, James maybe," I said. "Baby you literally had a whole stare down with Jay until he finished his dinner, tonight." She said.

"It worked didn't it?" I asked. "Yea but you have to understand all of y'all are stubborn and hardheaded." She said. "Rude," I said. "But you know I'm right and you should be a little proud that your sister isn't so easily swayed," Kassi said. I nodded my head. "I guess, but I'm still not letting up on this," I told her. "I know baby." She said kissing my cheek.

She stood and headed into my bathroom as my phone began to ring. "Speak."

"Is that, how you answer the phone?" A low voice said. I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Man, either tell me who this is or stop playing on my phone," I said. The man chuckled. "I suggest you fix your voice, Fredrick." The man said speaking more clearly now.

My eyes widened once I recognized the voice, but there was no way it could be him. "I see you're quiet now." The voice said.

Cortez

I woke up the next day and Chris and I went to our parent's place. "Mama, why are you having lunch with Angel?" I said as I ate my breakfast. Christian and I had been trying to get some information out of our mother all morning.

"I just want to talk to her. Stop worrying." She said waving us off. "We understand that but what exactly do you need to talk to her about?" Christian asked.