Eight

Angelica

"You're fired." My jaw tensed somewhat when Ray said that. "The fight wasn't even my fault." I countered. He sighed. "I know but you were the reason behind the fight. I just can't have that type of crowd in here. I'm very sorry Angelica." Ray said. I shook my head and standing up to leave.

I headed home and I found myself upstairs in my room fuming. My door opened and I looked to see Lala poking her head in. "So how did the meeting go?" She asked. I looked at her pointedly. "He fired me," I said. "He fucking fired you?" Lala said raising her voice. "He said that he doesn't want that type of crowd in his club. How am I going to pay for school?" I whined falling back into my bed. "We'll take care of it." I sat up to see Ricky and James standing by my doorway. "What?" I asked. "We'll take care of it," James said. I shook my head. "How? You have to take care of the house." I began as Ricky walked over to me. He sat down looking at me. "All you need to worry about is finishing school and graduating, alright." He said. I nodded. "Thank you," I said hugging him.

--

"Kassi—" "You agreed to go. It'd be rude not to show up." She said. I rolled my eyes. "Call me ride then." I said. "What about Mrs. Quinn?" She asked. I sighed. "I'm only going because it's Mrs. Quinn's birthday and I really want some ribs." I said. We had all been invited to Mrs. Quinn's birthday party before the twins got me fired. I hadn't spoken to either of them since that night and honestly wasn't in the mood to change that. James and Ricky had been completely against going, but Lala and Kassi worked their magic and we were all sitting in Ricky's truck heading to the Moreau family home. "You should just talk to them. They are your boyfriends." Maya said. "Can we change the subject?" James said. "Agreed." Ricky and I said.

We pulled up to the Moreau's gated home and I punched in the code. "Wow." Lala and Maya said. "It hasn't changed at all," Kassi said as we got out of the car. We looked at the huge home before us and I could tell Jayden and the girls were in awe. Maya came and stood next to me. "Is this the twin's place?" Maya asked. I shook my head. "No, it's their parents," I said as I walked inside with everyone trailing behind me.

Cortez

I was outback minding my business chilling with some of my cousins when I heard a scream. We all jumped up and rushed inside to see my mama and my sisters crowding around Angel and Kassi. Angel's eyes glanced in my direction before turning back to my mother. "Damn is that Angie?" Trevor, one of my older cousins said. "Yeah, man. You haven't heard? The twins got their girl back." Chase another one of my cousin said. I rolled my eyes. I was staring at her as she talked with my sisters and introduced her family. "When did she get here?" I looked to my left as Christian walked up to us. "Just now," I said not taking my eyes off of her.

She had been ignoring our calls and text. I knew it had to do with the fight that happened at her job and we did feel bad and had she been answering our calls she'd know that. "Christian? Cortez? Come here." Our mama called. We all walked over to where they were. "Hey, mama," I said kissing her on the cheek and giving her a side hug all while never taking my eyes off Angel. "What's up Angel?" I said. She stared at me not a word leaving her lips. My jaw tensed. "Hi, Christian. Hi Cortez." Maya said. I chuckled looking at her. When Angel wouldn't answer our calls we called Kassi and Maya who answered instead. "Hey, little mama," Christian said hugging her. I chuckled doing the same.

--

We had just finished playing basketball and we were taking a break. "All I'm saying is Angelica and Kassi are all grown up and Angie's little sister is fine too." J.B. said drinking his water. "She is a child." Chase said throwing a bottle at him. "Damn!" He snapped. "I know that I was just pointing out a fact." He said. I mugged him as he spoke. "You go anywhere near her and I will break your fucking jaw," Christian told him. "Look." Roger pointed across the pool. Our heads turned and we saw Angel taking off her cover-up. "God damn." All of our cousins said licking their crusty lips. I glanced at my brother seeing his jaw clench.