Nineteen

Angelique

After dropping the girls off we only had a couple of hours to rest before it was time to work. I was back in the car with Mrs. Quinn when I felt her looking at me. "What?"

"You know those boys love you, right." I sighed. "Now, wait here me out. I know my opinion may be biased but I see it from the outside looking in. The way they act when they're with you doesn't compare to how they acted before you came back." She said grabbing my hand. "Alright, I'm listening, continue." She smiled widely.

"Let's start with Cortez. My more levelheaded goof of a son." I chuckled. "He may try and joke about everything but after you two broke up he was colder. He didn't smile as much." I looked at her as she glanced at me. "He couldn't have been that bad." I shook my head but she scoffed. "He was. He was mean and his anger was very short with everyone. Shoot I almost had to fight him my damn self." I chuckled.

"So one night I had to sit him down and talk to him." She shook her head. "He said he hated Christian. He hated his twin brother. The person he's shared everything with. I asked him why and he said because he felt like he cost him you." My heart sank. Hearing that at one point he hated his twin made my chest hurt.

"Now as for Christian, I did have to pop him several times." She said making a face. I smiled. "He spiraled out of control. He'd come home from doing god knows what bleeding or sometimes covered in bruises." She shook her head as I looked out the window at the passing scenery. "Even pulled his brother into his shit, but one day he lost it. He went m.i.a. we couldn't find him for three days. Tez had to go find him and bring him back, but we still don't know where the hell he was for all that time." She sighed.

"What I do know is that my sweet son said that he wished he could've been better for you. That he should have just let you and Cortez be together, but you meant too much for him to walk away." "He always says that. Even when I tell him how much he means to me." She nodded. "I know. I can see it, but he always compares himself to Cortez because he thinks he's the better twin. No matter what anybody tells him." I nodded my head.

I saw that and I hated it. Christian and Cortez were different but both equally amazing men. "I'm telling you this because I want you to know those boys would do anything to make you happy. I know having a baby right now is terrifying, but all I'm asking is that you not be so hasty with your decision. At least have a conversation about it with the boys." I nodded. "You're right." She smiled. "I always am, but let's focus on the trip and worry about all of that when we get back." I nodded as we pulled up in front of this beautiful building.

Christian

I had just dropped Ace and Chuckie off when I stopped at the gas station. I was pumping the gas when my name was called. "Moreau!" A sigh left me at that voice. Turned slightly I saw Matias or his brother and some other niggas behind him. I clenched my jaw annoyed. "Promise me no fighting," I muttered Angel's words. Matias walked closer stopping just in front of me. "What the fuck do you want?"

"I heard you've been asking about Alejandro Sanchez." My head tilted. "And that concerns you how?" I had just pulled my phone out when he snatched it from my hands throwing it on the ground. "If you come for my uncle—," He paused stepping closer. "I will break your face." I looked at my cracked phone on the ground and then back up at Matias.

Before I knew it my fist was connecting with his jaw over and over until I was pulled off him by his friends. I felt it before it registered what happened. I looked down seeing blood seeping into my shirt before looking up at Matias who looked surprised as well. A surge of pain consumed me immediately upon hitting the ground.

Cortez

I had just gotten out of the shower and I was about to lie down for a minute when I went to grab my phone not finding it on the nightstand. I grabbed my old pants and checked the pocket but it wasn't there. I checked the bathroom, but it wasn't there. I sighed running down to my car to find it sitting in the cup holder to see everyone who had been blowing my phone up.