Chapter 15: Spectators

Elise and Ashur were talking at the other side of the camp while everyone was giving them side glances. Those two children were very unique, Their powers were extremely formidable, that not even the mages and sorcerers in the area were up to par with them. 

A water mage that could form new things with water, and even have a large area to cover like the water barrier from last time. As for the other one, the Lightning sorcerer who killed the demons with one powerful hit! Also! Both of them don't use chanting! So amazing!

"However.... their appearances..." one of the mages dared to gossip and gave them a side-glance. A water mage with an appearance of a demon, and a lightning sorcerer who is a rabbit beast kin.  Really... it was an unusual combination. 

That gossip spread from one mouth to another, Not only did their prestige plummet, they were also followed by the unhappy and unwelcoming stares. But the two were both unperturbed by all this, they didn't utter another peep from their young lips, nor does their expression shows any emotions of being bullied whatsoever. 

Sorcerer David and Sir Blair looked at the situation from afar and one of them was agitated, it was Sir Blair. He was against this ongoing situation! These two siblings wanted to mingle with the other mages and sorcerers without anyone's backing. They want to be seen as independent and powerful mages, but after half of the day, they already earned a bad reputation just by walking around and not doing anything bad at all!

"Head Sorcerer David, Can't we do something about this?! The children of the Duke are being orchestrated in front of our eyes and yet we will do nothing?! This will also affect our reputation- and the Children as well!" Sir Blair was agitated and as he complained and looked at the Head Sorcerer with a desperate and irritated look on his face. 

Head Sorcerer David looked back at him before putting his gaze back to the siblings who were both conversing on the inconspicuous side of the camping ground. He was, of course, in favor of the two powerful young mages and on the idea of Sir Blair, however, as the Head Sorcerer, he needs to not appear as a biased person that was leading a group of adult sorcerers around. Besides, he also cannot do anything, he was warned by the young lady already, that if he intervened and took their side, the two of them will turn their backs and go back to the Duchy, completely going off without their hands tied on the current state of emergency of the capital's situation. 

The Head Sorcerer knew the pros and cons of losing them from the variables, they could still defeat the demons, but who knows for how long will could they persist and find the solution to the crisis at hand. 

With a loud sigh, he waved his hands and went back to his tent, leaving Sir Blair behind and away from the foolish mages who were picking on children. 

At the other side of the camp, Elise and Ashur were both discussing the current progress they have about the large pit. Elise was frowning while looking at the direction of the large pit, if only there could be something or someone to use to have a full analysis of that pit and how it will be patched up... but how?

"Should we try using the earth mages to make "Earth Lance" to pierce the demons resurfacing and use "Rockslide" to smoothen the sides and then use "Boulders" to patch up the pit? Hmm.... But we need to eliminate the source of how the demons spawned from down there... so we cannot just simply block it... This is so frustrating!" Elise sighed before massaging her forehead, on the other hand, Ashur who was listening attentively to his Older sister was left in awe once again. His Older Sister, who everyone knows as a water mage, knows how to utilize other element's magic as well! Amazing! She's really a goddess sent from the heavens!

"Ashur, please snap out of it and help me think. I do not want to shoulder this burden alone, Was it not the reason why I let you learn "Science"?" Elise looked at his way with a helpless look on her face, as if she cannot prevent him from idolizing her any further. Ashur blushed a pink hue before he hid half of his face with his hand and faked a cough before smiling at his Older Sister with his charming and innocent smile. 

"Older sister, your solutions are very top-notch, but yes, we should have an answer to how the demons spawned down there and what is the cause of this pit... Thinking by ourselves won't solve the problem... shall we ask our allies- the Elves?" Ashur asked with a tilted and a harmless smile on his face. 

"That's a good idea, Ashur, Let's go and interrogate a few elves," She said and stood up from her seat and started to look for the Elves from her position, Ashur also stood up and the two of them went closer to the pit. Just by walking, the two of them gathered the attention of the other Geon Kingdom Mages, and their whispers all halted and observed the two like a judging person observing a criminal in court. 

Elise and Ashur paid no attention to them, they do not have time for those old farts who were picking on them for their abilities, it's just a waste of their time to try and discipline those foolish beings. Elise used her water element and started to create the water bridge. There were ripples of water and its state was like a gelatinous matter. After using her psychic powers, the wriggling water bridge suddenly became stiff and looking solid, Ashur and Elise walked on it side by side and everyone, even the elves, was amazed at the bridge and the magical prowess of the girl. Before anyone could dare to walk closer to the bridge and observe the magic used, Elise dispelled the water bridge and the sturdy bridge wriggled before bursting like a bubble. There was no one who got caught from the water burst but all of them, the Geon Kingdom Sorcerers- especially the water mages as well, were all disappointed inside their hearts. 

'How could such a small girl build a solid bridge with WATER!? Just how is that logically possible?! We want to know! That Water nymph too, how was it done?!' 

The Elves on the other hand were amazed and looked at the two siblings with interest in their eyes. How could a human mage be so powerful? They could understand the prowess of the beastkin despite being a rabbit-kin, however, this black-haired human lady, how was it possible to hold so much strength and magic?

Elise stopped at the Elf that was dressed in an article of more noble clothing than the rest of the elves, Ashur stopped next to her side. Elise has to tilt her head up and stare at the elf in front of her, and it made her uncomfortable and insecure, tsk, who told the Elves to be so tall? The Dragon kin, the Beast Kin, and the Elves all have such tall heights that it's so uncomfortable to look up to them. 

'Anyways, we don't need to think so much about this right now, I need to know what happened for the last few weeks they were dealing with this pit, information is very important right now,' Elise thought as she opened her mouth to inquire.