Chapter 8: The King's Decision

A/N: Hello everyone and welcome to the newest chapter of FATED!

Allow me to honor my readers with a good nickname!

PRINCE AND PRINCESS

I hope you like it! and the update today!

Heads up! I would be gone until June 20 to complete all academic activities. See you all soon! 

ENJOY UWU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise was a little astonished, So her words could influence others... She could do this much because everyone believes that she still doesn't develop a magic power. 

'I'd like to experiment more but first, I need to get away from the King's claws'-Elise thought as she cuddled herself closer to her mother. Appearing like a small wounded animal seeking warmth and shelter from her mother. Elaine was saddened by her actions and held her closer as she glared at the Queen and King.

"Look here Julius, I can take care of my own daughter and I don't need the elites meddling and trying to harm and experiment on her!"- Elliot shouted in anger as he stood up abruptly from his chair and slammed the table hard. The Queen and the prince flinched but the King only stared at his brother.

"This action is for the safety of the kingdom. It can also help avoid outsiders to get interested in her."- The King said but Elliot still doesn't want it to happen.

"No. That action is for your own interest! Do not meddle with daughter's life!"- Elliot glared at him before ushering his family back to leave. Elise looks back at them before looking at the King, her mother holding her left hand and gently guiding her out but she stays put and stubbornly stood in place.

"Angel,"- Elaine worriedly called her daughter who was holding her hands with a tight yet shaky grip.

Prince Hyde and Prince Charles were both agitated just from looking at Elise like that.

'Damnit, old man! Why are you making my soul mate shake in fear?!' Charles was seething in anger from his chest gripping the armrest of the chair tightly. 

'If my cousin shed even a single tear because of my father, I will raise a coup de tat against him!'- Hyde thought as he gritted his teeth together, feeling both anger and helplessness on this situation.

"Uncle! Mom and Dad are the strongest mages from the last war. Sir Blaire is one of the most promising sorcerers in the kingdom, and I am just a three-year-old child..... Why are you so cautious?"- She asked while looking straight to his face.

"Because you have black hair,"- The King answered after three seconds. Everyone blinked and looked at him with astonishment.

"Then your decision?"- She asked him, boring her eyes to his and not breaking eye contact.

".... Blair Quaint would be the apprentice of the person I will assign to observe Elise."- He said in a firm tone. Elise just tilted her head with a small smirk on her pink lips before curtsying and leaving with her parents.

Silence ensued in the beautiful garden, the sky is clear and the wind is cool- but the heavy atmosphere on the long table stays longer and heavier every minute. Prince Charles stood up from his seat and move to the exit, his chancellor blinking and hurriedly the following suit before he stopped himself from walking when the prince looked back and snarled at the King.