Chapter 2: New Start (2)

My name is Elise Von Dutch, daughter of the Duke, Elliot Von Dutch and Duchess, Elaine Von Dutch, first born. According to the nanny and the gossiping maids, both their grandparents were nobles who faced the front lines between the five kingdoms against the Demons. After the war, both, with the rest of the of the people, were given titles and land to rule over. Eventually, both families made a marriage alliance between Elliot and Elaine, their third generation. 

The mansion is built with three floors and three wings; The South wing, the West wing and the the East Wing. The backyard is wide and measured over 2 acres of land filled with different spring flowers. the steps were made from white bricks and the benches and table were made from metal. The mansion is built with two towers positioned on the East wing and the West wing. The balcony only facing the garden while there were bay windows on the first floor. Three large verandas are laid out by the East wing, West wing and the South Wing. The whole mansion is painted in white and the roof is painted in dark turquoise color. 

 Enough of this place's appearance. I actually haven't seen myself. The nanny, the maids and my parents never let me see myself on the mirror nor did they let me out of their sight. I feel that their movements were too overprotective... or maybe its a custom? After all, I am the newborn and still a one year old old. 

The nanny placed me in the soft trimmed grass of the garden under a Dogwood tree. I stared at her as she look at me with a friendly smile before I look down and started to crawl around the tree, the white flowers of the tree falling with the wind. I took one and stare at it deeply with my back facing the nanny. What attracted me wasn't exactly the flower but the little light resting on it. 

I touched it with my chubby hands and watch as it tremble before jolting out of the flower

I touched it with my chubby hands and watch as it tremble before jolting out of the flower. My eyes followed its movements and crawled my way to it.

'What is it? Its the same thing that keep crowding whenever I was outside when I was less than three months old.'- I thought as I followed it to the another row of trees- crabapple.

Before I knew what what it's gonna do, another set of lights came down the tree and started to circle me

Before I knew what what it's gonna do, another set of lights came down the tree and started to circle me. It feels uncomfortable and I could faintly hear their own language- that doesn't make sense to me at all.