Chapter 12: Years pass like flowing water

Ever since Elise and Ashur came to the Dragon Kingdom with few of the trustworthy and skilled servants and guards of the Von Dutch's Family, Their training immediately commenced. The Dragon King called Lionel Dragonell, He was not really interested in meddling with Humans but since The Von Dutch family adopted a lightning and dark magic user, he needs to put his finger in their business and train the two brats to avoid the large scale chaos in the future. 

His trusted Royal Mage called Pearl was put to work, she has both abilities of Lightning and Water magic and she is someone who could help hone their skills enough to protect themselves and enough to reign over their magic before it gets rampant. They spent the next seven years honing and mastering their magic arts with Pearl as well as their etiquettes that will be needed for the social debut they will have for this coming winter.

In vast winter mountains on the far northeast of the Dragon Kingdom, there were two figures that was treading the top of the highest peak of the steep mountain even before the break of dawn. They were both covered in heavy fur with thick gloves and boots on their hands and feet. There has been a never-ending hail storm around this mountain and they wanted to do the extreme to prove that they have 100% control over their powers.

The female looks at her company and nodded her head, without a word, the male with him raised his hand in the air and started to use his lightning magic. 

'Just like what big sister told me, feel the movement of the air going upwards and higher on the sky, carrying the snow, feel the start of the sparks and...IMMEDIATELY STRIKE!'- with a powerful thrust of his mana, his white lightning sprung out of his fingertips to his up to the sky in one powerful strike before it got absorbed in the air, they waited for another minute but nothing happened after that, the man looks at his female companion with an aggrieved look on his face.

"B-Big Sister, I failed you. I-I can't control my powers."- He said with a downcast mood on his face. The female companion only chuckled and held both his hands.

"You forgot to take off your gloves, dear little brother, and you forgot the most crucial part of it, Water."-She said that enlightened the male. They did everything from the start and released both their powers at the same time. The lightning strikes up to above the snowstorm before disappearing, the water and snow moving inside the snowstorm moving at the fastest speed it could ever move.

*Thunder rumbles*

They both watched as the thunder started to rumble and spread out within the hundred-mile radius. Soon the lightning started to strike the earth, creating a loud roar and the snow-storm started to clear to the mountain top. When they both saw a clear blue sky, they started to go back to their mansion on foot. They used "enhanced agility", "acceleration", "enhanced stamina", and "enhanced strength" to get back with ease to their mansion. They arrived in town within ten minutes, before they arrived at the doors of the mansion, both were blocked by a stern-looking woman dressed in deep blue robes of a mage. They both look at each other before looking back at the woman.

"Are you not gonna explain yourselves, Lady Elise Von Dutch and Lord Ashur Von Dutch?"- The woman asked with a raised brow while staring at them with a stern look still on her face. Elise sighed and slowly took her thick robe, fur gloves, and thick boots. Ashur did the same, copying his sister's action. 

"Royal Mage Pearl, we simply tested our control over our water and lightning magic at the Death Star peak. I don't see anything wrong about it."- She said in a blunt tone and walk towards Pearl who only looks at her approaching form, Ashur walking next to Elise with his mouth shut. 

"You do know that the Death Star peak is well-known for its century-long snowstorm, yet you two went there and-"- Pearl was lecturing them and turn to look at the northeast direction where the highest mountain peak was currently visible from miles away. Her blue eyes widened in shock as she saw the mountain peak shrouded with the rising sun! The snowstorm was nowhere in sight! The clear blue sky was in the background of the death star peak, very appealing, and vibrant.