Prologue

Without technology and modern science, people believed everything they heard. People believed that witches are real because of religious beliefs, hysteria and feuds, and even politics. But they're right, witches are real.

The people believed that witches worshipped the devil and that witches bring them bad luck and misfortune but, these claims are all false. Witches are just normal humans born with supernatural talents and if something unfortunate happens, it isn't caused by a witch because someone's misfortune is caused by their own poor decisions.

Sure, some witches are dangerous but not all witches are bad. Take Magnus Enchantrix as an example. He's a witch.

Just a few weeks after he was born, his parents already felt his strong supernatural abilities. They were afraid of what he can do to them so they left him in the forest alone and crying. They left him out there, vulnerable to any danger like wolves, bears, and the elements.

But deeper into the forest lived an old woman. Her name was Melina Enchantrix and she was a witch. One day while she was resting, she felt a force that pulled her towards a crying baby. She was wary at first but when she cradled the baby in her arms, she felt more powerful and more warm. From then on, she took care of the baby to the best of her abilities and she named him Magnus Enchantrix.

Magnus lived an isolated life. He did not go to school, he rarely went to town and he only does go to the town whenever they need something. He had no other people to talk to except Melina. Melina knew he was a witch so she taught him everything he needed to know about himself. She told him about the people who are hunting powerful beings like them and she also told him to never tell anyone about his identity.

She helped him control his magic. She taught him how and when to use it. When Melina saw the crying baby, she was already old and as years passed, she became weaker and weaker due to old age. She promised that she would leave when Magnus is ready to be alone and when she saw that he was ready, she let her spirit depart.

Magnus was just 19 years young when Melina passed. He came home from the town and entered their small hut that was deep inside the forest. At first he thought that she was just resting but he noticed her pale lips and he noticed that she wasn't breathing anymore. He tried to bring her back to life using his magic but sadly he couldn't. Magnus cried loudly that night and all the creatures in the forest cried with him.

Five years passed and now he's 24. He's still living in the hut in a somewhat average life. He has a partner and his name is Gaspar Wadsworth. Gaspar is a vendor living a pretty dull life. Gaspar met Magnus when Magnus was purchasing food from his stall. Their unconditional love for each other keeps them going amidst their own personal adversaries. They've been together for almost a year and they hope that they will last dozens and dozens of years more.

There will be many obstacles in Magnus' life but he can face it and conquer it. After all, he's Magnus Enchantrix and he's The Witch.