III

Third Person POV:
Magnus flipped in his sleep but immediately regretted it when the sunlight went directly to his eyes. He turned back around and groaned and slowly opened his eyes.

"Good morning" he said groggily. When he didn't receive a response, he fully opened his eyes and stared at the empty space that had been occupied by Gaspar. "Gaspar? Are you still here?" He asked and once again, no response. Gaspar's absence after their anniversary, after their night, saddened Magnus but he understood that Gaspar had to work.

He put his clothes on and scrambled around his tiny hut as he prepared a morning meal for him and Aslan. Once he was done, he went to the privy where Aslan's supposed to be but he isn't. Aslan's blanket was also gone.

"Aslan?!" He shouted. "Aslan where are you?!" He shouted and ran outside

"Stop right there, witch" a loud masculine voice yelled and Magnus turned around to the guy

"Who's the witch?" He asked but the man pointed his musket at Magnus and he slowly rose his hands up

"Don't even try. We heard that you're a witch" the man said

"That's absurd! Whoever told you that lied to you. I'm not a witch. I'm just a boy looking for my dog" he said

"Oh really? What about this? Why do you have this" the man asked and pulled Magnus' wand from his bag

"W-why do you have that? How did..." Magnus trailed as he stared at his wand. He tried walking towards the man but the man pointed his musket back at him

"Don't move. You're going with me to the dungeon" the man said and Magnus' eyes widened with fear

"N-no please. I'm not a witch! I'm not a witch!" He pleaded but the guy tied his hands with rope and dragged him to his horse.

Magnus feared the dungeon. Melina told him about the gruesome acts they do in there. The dungeon is where they keep all the supposed witches. They starve them, they torture them, they lock them up until their public execution.

As they rode the horse through town, people who knew him and interacted with him gasped in shock while the people who didn't know him shouted disparaging words at him. The people murmured amongst themselves while Magnus kept his head down. Magnus thought that Gaspar couldn't have reported him because he trusts him. He thinks that someone overheard them talking last night.

The man pulled him inside the building and down to the underground levels where the rest of the assumed witches stayed. When they entered the door, everyone's eyes snapped towards him. Magnus looked up and felt his heart break as he saw the state of the people. Some were wounded and bleeding, some were starved, and some looked... dead.

"Your trial will be two weeks from now so enjoy your last two weeks" the guard said as he threw Magnus inside the cell and he landed with a thud.

"You have a trial already" the person who resided beside Magnus' cell said

"Why? You don't have one?" Magnus asked curiously and the girl shook her head. "What's your name?"

"Cynthia" she said. "You're lucky"

"I'm going to die in two weeks. I don't think that counts as lucky" Magnus said

"It does. It means you'll escape this place in two weeks. Dying is much better than staying here" she said. "I haven't seen or heard people getting a trial immediately. Are you really a witch?" She asked. Magnus thought that he should just tell the truth because he's going to die in two weeks anyway.

"Yes. I am" Magnus said and she nodded. "Everyone here are innocent. All of you aren't witches because I'm the only witch in town" he added

"From what I can see, you look fairly calm for someone who's going to die" she said and Magnus sighed